14| Open-ended Affairs

BEFORE YOU READ, PLEASE NOTE THAT I do not have anything against the antagonists in this story for those of you who take things out of context. I have nothing but respect for these people as well as my readers, it would be a pleasure if you would show the same respect back. If you have any type of criticism, feel free to dm me respectfully and make your judgement. Please and thank you. With that being said, I hope you enjoy this chapter and all that comes after it.

-Bre :)

Sean's POV

"Please! AC's our friend! She wants us there!" Ken begged us. He was two begs away from getting on his knees.

"Not really. She only wants us there so that you'll be there too. She's trying to steal you from Bailey and you know it." Josh P exclaimed, trying to get his point across. 

For the past 15 minutes, Ken has been begging us to go to AC's birthday party this weekend. I used to like parties, but that was before Gabe spread a rumor about Kaycee and I months ago.

"What? No she's not! that's completely ridiculous." Ken said in disbelief. "Ah, I don't know about that.." Nat trailed off.

We all looked at her. "I mean, that's part of being human. We get jealous and everyone knows AC's been barking up your tree for years." She shrugged. 

"Maybe she's over it. What if she just really wants us to be there to become closer to her?" Kaycee butt in. He had to weigh out the odds here. If AC really wanted to make a move, she would've probably done it already.

"Exactly! Thank you, Kayc! Someone here has common sense." Ken cheered, gesturing to my girlfriend. "I don't know, man." Josh B said, looking up from his phone. 

We looked at him expecting him to continue. "Kayc could be right, but that's Kaycee for you. She's naive to things and you're delusional. If there's not one part of you that thinks AC's going to try to be a notch on your belt or more, you've actually gone insane." He said nonchalantly.

"I'm not naive." Kaycee argued. She then looked up to me, asking with her eyes. "Anyway, they're right Ken. I believe AC's a sweet person, but love makes you do some crazy shit. Even if the actions have good intentions behind them, they can still hurt the one you love." I spoke up. 

"He's right." Beauchamp agreed. Our eyes met once the words came out of his mouth. It was like our minds were linked. Somehow, I knew what he was thinking. After all, we were both culprits. Ken deflated his ego, growing quiet with the rest of us. 

After a couple beats of silence, Ken decided to speak up. "I know...but who says i'll give in? I love Bailey. I wouldn't do that to her." 

"Who says you won't?" Julian asked. "Who in the fuck knows if you're going to be with Bailey by tomorrow night? Who knows that you'll go by your word and remain faithful? No one, no one fucking knows so for christ's sake, shut up!" He snapped.

Julian has been on edge all day after this morning. Truthfully, we weren't very honest with our girlfriends about our session with Alex. Sure he put on a good facade for the girls, but I guess he could only hold it in for so long. "Shit, just for once, listen to us! AC just wants to get in your pants! She always has. If you have an ounce of respect for us, you'll consider not going. And if you love Bailey, you won't go to that party." He said before plugging in his ear buds. 

The light in Ken's eyes died as Julian spoke his perception of this whole situation. I knew that look. It was the look of distress. He carried so much faith in AC, that she is a great friend. I'm sure she is, but in his eyes, I could see that Julian's words jumpstarted the realization that we're all humans. With humans, came the natural envy and bad intentions. Even if it was a fraction of our minds, that desire had the power to take it over completely and cause reckless or simple actions that can be the ruin of others.