Chapter Seven - Closer

"You know, I never realised how down-to-earth Prince William was," Sam told Evelyn the next day at work. 

"I know.  He's not all stuffy which is nice.  He's quiet but nice."

"It's refreshing seeing that the Royal family is actually normal," her assistant commented. 

The get-together the night before was real nice.  All of her friends were able to meet the prince and they all got on well which was a relief for Evelyn.  She figured they would but now she had confirmation.

"It is," Evelyn agreed.  "Now we must really be talking about work and enough about the prince."

Sam giggled in response to her boss as they all focused on the sales and the social media aspect of the brand.

***

"I was wondering if you wanted to come by my place tonight?" William asked her over the phone.

"Yeah, I can do that," she nodded her head.  "When you say your place do you mean -"

"Clarence House, yes," he nodded in confirmation as she sucked in a breath.  "You'll have to drive to the gates and tell the guards you're here to see me.  They'll call me for confirmation and then let you in."

He was in London for a couple of weeks having to do some royal engagements as well having a little break from the military to carry on with his royal duties making sure the two didn't coincide with the other.

"O-okay," she stuttered silently cursing at herself for not sounding more confident.  "What time?"

"Are you available at eight?"

"Yes, eight sounds good.  See you then."

They ended the call.  She had an hour to get ready and she was no where near ready yet.  Since she didn't have to go into work today she had the day off and literally wore only cosy clothes, hair up in a bun, almost little to none makeup as she wore her glasses.  She spent the day doing things that were non-work related enjoying her time cleaning the apartment and reading her recent book that she was trying to finish. 

She first decided to do her makeup as she applied foundation, blusher to her cheeks, a wing cat eye liner and mascara to finish it off.  Deciding to keep her hair to minimal work effort she wanted to put down in loose waves.  Now was the tricky part -- what she would wear.  Evelyn stood in front of the clothes in her closet as she pondered on what her outfit should be.  She knew she should dress fancier then she was right now, that was a given.  Ultimately, she decided on wearing some nice jeans, wedges and a nice jumper as it was a bit cold out. 

Evelyn felt as though it would be best to write a note to her sister

Went to William's for dinner tonight, don't worry.  Love you!

- Evelyn

***

Evelyn made it to Clarence House in her car as she pulled up to the gates, a guard walked up to her.

"Can I help you, miss?"

"Hi, yes, my name is Evelyn Bennett.  I'm here to see William."

"I'm sorry, ma'am but unfortunately the tours are not going on right now.  If you come back in August they will."

"Oh no, I'm not here for a tour.  I'm meeting with William for dinner."

"Just one second," the guard said making Evelyn nod her head.

She saw him go back to inside his booth as it seemed he was on the mobile, possibly chatting with William. 

"All right, ma'am, you're free to go.  Sorry for any confusion."