Twenty-Five || Fireworks

|| Fireworks

Scott smiled as he put his phone into his jacket pocket. It finally happened.

"What's got you so happy, McCall?" Lydia could see her breath in front of her, the strawberry blonde bundled up in warm clothes.

"Stiles is gonna be here soon." The alpha laughed lightly, sitting on his dirtbike that was parked amongst other cars on the lookout. "With Jacy."

Kira, sat with Lydia on the hood of her car, leaned over and had the same expression as the banshee. "She is?"

"He remembered," Lydia said with a relieved smile, "Oh thank God."

"How?" Kira asked, her bare palms behind her to keep her upright.

"He ran into her at Stella's and slowly he started remembering. Then he touched her on accident and it all flooded in." Scott knew they'd gained their friend back. "He knows everything that went on while he was a ghost."

"To be fair, he wasn't actually a ghost."

The three turned, knowing Jacy's voice without delay. She was walking up with Stiles, her hand noticeably in his.

Both Kira and Lydia got off of the car, giving Jacy hugs.

"Come here." Scott was smiling as Jacy was released from the girls that used to want to kill her.

Jacy and Scott hugged, words not needing to be exchanged. They knew what each other would say.

"Is anyone else coming?" Kira checked her watch as she glanced over the lookout.

"Jordan is on his way." Jacy felt an arm around her waist, Stiles there next to her. Her eyes scanned the small crowd, looking for someone in particular. "Hey," she quietly said, looking up to him. "I'll be right back."

"Everything okay?" Stiles let go of Jacy, trying to find what she was looking for.

"Yeah, I just, I need to go talk to someone. I'll only be a second." Jacy moved away from her friends, walking around Lydia's car and past a couple talking about the stars.

"Chase her off already?" Scott asked, nudging Stiles as Jacy wandered away.

"She just needs to go talk to someone." Stiles pocketed his hands, tilting his head up to the sky. He breathed in deeply, letting go of it slowly.

He remembered every detail, including how he could feel his humanity slipping away while he was drifting. And this - the cool air in his lungs - made him feel human again. It made him feel alive.

"Stiles?" Lydia looked at him curiously, her eyebrow lifted as it took him a second to remove his eyes from the stars to her.

"Yeah?" Stiles had no reason to be sad, so a smile was clear. He was out and he had Jacy and it was new year's.

"Uh," She hesitated, changing her mind. "Do you think fireworks will be better this year?"

"I think this will be better in general." Stiles had lost track of Jacy, but he had a feeling that she wasn't far.

"It's a new year." Scott slung an arm around Stiles' shoulder, "Maybe we can have a new start."

"When are we ever that lucky?" Lydia wrapped her scarf a little tighter, her voice more solemn than she intended.

"Don't be such a kill joy," Kira said, attempting to pull off that she actually believed her own words. "Maybe things will be different."

"I really hope it will." Scott found himself looking off in the way Jacy had gone. "Did, uh," He lowered his voice, only talking to Stiles, "sid she say who she was talking to?"