II. Planning!

Athena

I slept till 9:30 for the first time in a really long time. Maybe my parents thought I needed some space, and I'm very grateful for that.

I took a long warm shower to clear the stress that had been building up. I changed into olive jeans, a black cami, and a black moto jacket and paired it with black ankle boots. I tied my hair into a loose side braid and applied some neutral makeup.

I want to visit my best guy friend. He understands my situation, but I do not know how he will react when I tell him what happened last night. I can't believe my parents would ask me to do such a thing. I don't understand. I'm only twenty-one. I still want to enjoy my life, hang out with friends, and everything else that normal twenty-one-year-olds do.

I went downstairs, walked into the kitchen and saw Margaret, our house caretaker. She's in her late fifties and a very nice, bubbly person. I enjoy talking to her.

She saw me and smiled. "Good morning Athena, what took you so long?" she said in a calm voice while looking at me with concerned eyes.

"Good morning, Maggie," I said while I took a seat on the barstool beside the kitchen island. " I overslept for the first time." I chuckled.

I heard her chuckle, her back turned towards me as she prepared my food. "Once in a while it's fine." she said smiling and placed the tray of food in front of me.

"Yup, I don't regret doing it." I gave her a toothy grin which earned me another chuckle from her.

She always makes my day. Her smile and positive attitude always put me in a great mood. Should I tell her about yesterday's event? Maybe next time.

I quickly finished my breakfast, which comprised pancakes, fruit, an egg, and a glass of orange juice. I don't drink coffee during breakfast. I just don't feel like starting my day with something that tasted strong and a bit bitter. But I enjoy it during breaks along with chocolate muffins. Oh, speaking of muffins, maybe I'll buy some from my favourite bakery 'baked'.

"Thanks for the breakfast, Maggie," I called out as I left the kitchen. I went back to my room to grab my small backpack purse and the key to my motorcycle. I love riding bikes more than cars, but my Ducati was my favourite. I used to race with my friends and most of the time I won. We're a group of five members: three boys and two girls. We've known each other since secondary school.

The house was silent because my siblings had school and my parents were at work. I made my way to the garage and switched on the lights. The place was filled with cars and only one bike, which belonged to me. All the vehicles were painted Navy blue, that's my dad's favourite colour. I wanted my bike to be red, but he changed it to blue to match his collection.

I started the bike, put on my helmet, and waited for the gates to be lifted. Once the path was clear, I quickly rode out of the garage and left in the direction of Derek's place.

I sighed in content. I love the feel of riding this bike. The air gushed against my body as I rode fast through the busy traffic. After twenty minutes, I pulled over in front of my friend Derek's apartment.

It's a ten-story building, but he lives on the first floor since he is scared of heights. Poor guy. He should have rented a villa.

I parked my bike and went inside. I took the stairs and now stood in front of his apartment. I rang the bell two times, but no response. I checked my phone, it's 10:45, and he's supposed to be up by 10:30.

I tried one more time and this time he opened the door, revealing his tall and muscular figure. He was standing there shirtless, wearing black sweatpants that hung dangerously low on his waist. His dirty blonde hair looked messy and his blue eyes narrowed. If I was some other girl, I would have fainted right now looking at his body. Sorry girls he's my best friend and I don't have feelings for him.