{⋅. One .⋅}

"DREAM!"

"GEORGE!"

"STOP YELLING!"

Dream leaned back in his hair, chuckling. It wasn't his normal tea-kettle wheeze, but a small chuckle.

The team had just finished recording another game of block shuffle, ending with Sapnap victorious. The three were now just hanging out in the teamspeak, doing their usual things.

Which just so happened to be yelling at one another.

"What do you want to do?"

Dream shrugged, and started scrolling through Twitter letting his friends fill in the background noise.

"I don't know."

"That's not a good answer."

The channel was quiet for a minute or two, before George spoke up.

"Someone DM'ed me a random minecraft server on Twitter to try out yesterday, do you wanna go check it out?" He asked.

"I mean, we've got nothing better to do, I'm in." Sapnap chimed in.

Clicks and (aggressive) taps from George's keyboard echo through Dreams headset, and he hears Sapnap humming a little bit.

"There's the IP."

The discord notification chimed, and Dream clicked open the app and went into his private messages.

"Ensnared.net? What kind of IP is that?" Dream asked, copying the text into his clipboard.

"Don't ask me. Ready to log in?" George says.

"I am." Dream replies, pasting the IP into Minecraft. "Sapnap."

A small pause.

"Sapnap?"

Another pause.

"Where did he go? He's still in the teamspeak-"

User disconnected from your channel

"-never mind."

"Here. Try calling him or texting him." Dream quickly said. "I can message him on discord."

So they tried.

For the next half and hour, they tried over and over again to try and get in touch with Sapnap. Discord DM's, phone calls, Twitter, text messages.

But nothing seemed to work.

"Maybeee... he had an emergency?" George suggested.

"Yeah maybe. Hopefully he reaches out to us tomorrow. Are we still up to stream?" Dream asks, shutting off his phone.

"Yeah. See you later!"

"I love you!"

"Dream, oh my gosh. Don't."

"Just... say that you love me."

User disconnected from your channel

Dream let out a wheeze as the message played out on his headphones.

He started closing all his tabs on his computer, and pulled up his editing software. A quick glance at the time told him that he wasn't going to be able to finish before he had to eat dinner, but it wasn't going to stop him anyways.

Dream unconsciously looks over at his phone, his frown deepening when he didn't see any notifications on it.

Where did Sapnap go?

It wasn't like him to randomly click off without any good-bye. Did they say something wrong that made him log off?

His eyes traveled back to his phone over the course of the next hour. He had hardly even gotten through a third of editing before he had to go eat dinner. Letting out a frustrated groan, he stood up.

Too lazy to actually cook something, he picked up his house phone and quickly ordered some Chinese food.

It would take another 25 minutes for the food to arrive, and Dream decided to fill this time spamming his missing friend.

That time was wasted.

He turned his monitor back on, and deciding to not be productive, he started launching minecraft.

Shrugging his shoulders, he decided: "Hey, let's check out the server George wanted to play on."

He opened up discord, wrinkling his nose at the lack of messages from Sapnap, and copied the IP again. He messaged George, telling him he was going to check it out before switching tabs again.

"Ensnared.Net. Here we go."

He hit enter.

𑁍

Congrats on reading Chapter One!

Personally, I've never seen the purpose of putting authors notes, but here I am. I hoped you enjoyed the chapter :)

Really short chapter, but you can't complain cause ain't no one gonna be reading this book! Insert period joke.

Wait don't leave-

Longer chapters on its way I swear. Don't leave me!

;-;

{-| REMINDER THAT...|-}
There are...
No ships! {Sorry shippers!}
Blood.
Lots of screaming.
Probably Spelling Mistakes.
Probably Grammar Mistakes.
Minor bit of swearing. {Mostly Censored}

I take constructive criticism! Feel free to leave any tips or suggestions you have for me :)

All my best,
»» Citlali ««