Chapter 22

"What are you doing back here?!!" hissed Lauren. She was infuriated as Camila could have been followed or seen, putting her in danger.

The younger girl looked at the floor unable to look at Lauren, hiding her fear. The green eyed officer walked toward her grabbing her face and lifting it

"Look at me when I am talking to you." stated Lauren.

"Why did you come back?" repeated the older girl.

"where would i have gone?" said Camila in a hushed voice.

"SPEAK UP!"

"Where would i have gone?!" asked Camila firmly.

Lauren slowly loosened her grip of the younger girls face.

"Many years ago your officers killed my parents. Alejandro was kind enough to take me in but now because of you, he doesn't want me there." spoke Camila with a sadness in her voice.

"I had one friend, Dinah, she was the one person who understood me better than anyone. She died in an accident." continued the brown eyed girl.

"My husband was murdered. So you tell me where was i supposed to go? Because of you, i am all alone... "

Listening to this Lauren felt a pang of guilt for the younger girl. She stepped back holding her head.

"FOOLISH GIRL, you were almost at your house why did you get off the-" Lauren stopped realizing what she said.

Camila walked closer to the older girl
"Continue what you were saying. I knew you were following me."

Lauren stayed silent.

"I knew that sympathy of yours and letting me go was too good to be true. I knew if i went home you would arrest Alejandro."

Lauren was growing irritated, she wandered what had Camila come back to prove.

"Oh! So you have become intelligent." commented Lauren sarcastically.

"You have come to show you are one step ahead of me."

Mastering up the courage Camila spoke,
"No i came back because i believe you will realize how wrong you are. One day will come when you face the consequences of your actions. There must be a day to come were your stone heart awakens. Lauren you are cold and unloving but I am here to change that. So that when your conscience worries you, you will come to me and- "

Lauren cut her off, in rage.
" Come to you and do what?" shouted Lauren.

"You will ask me to forgive you for destroying my life. You have take everything from me, all my happiness. And when you come to me i will never forgive you. I don't know where i got the courage to return but i will fight back, you and your forcible nature."

Lauren sneered ballimg her fists." You didn't come back because of courage m, you came back because of your stupidity. You want to fight huh?" Lauren was furious at this point. She grabbed her handcuffs placing them violently on Camilas wrists.

"You want to fight, let's fight. Let's see who wins your stubbornness or my passion for my job." Lauren felt that would get to Camila and scare the youger girl.

"Let's see" replied Camila firmly looking Lairen directly in her eyes as if issuing the challenge. She was not weak and she was tired of letting Lauren feel that she was.

This threw the officer off guard as she was not expecting Camila to respond. She tightened the handcuffs causing the younger girl to flinch. Lauren left the room leaving Camila to her thoughts.