2. LOOK WHAT THE CAT DRAGGED IN

| CHAPTER TWO |

LOOK WHAT THE CAT DRAGGED IN.

"MOVE," CASS ORDERED.

WITHOUT QUESTION, the small group of first years jumped out of the seats and left the compartment without a complaint, dragging their massive suitcases behind them whilst keeping their head down. Her messy hair and smudged black eyeliner with her piercing blue eyes seemed to spook them very easily, causing her to smirk to herself. The Slytherin slammed the compartment doors shut as soon as the young children left.

"Well look what the cat dragged in," Olivia Turner commented, "Why did you drag her in here, Buddy?" She asked, looking at the black fluffy cat through the window of his travel bag. 

"Very funny, Liv," Cass commented as she shoved her suitcase up onto the holder before plopping herself down opposite the Hufflepuff, taking Buddy out of his carrier. She ran her long fingers through his thick fur before glancing up at her best friend, "How was your summer? Your brother still dating that creep?"

Olivia Turner had one sibling, her older brother who was now working at a Muggle dentist office; Joseph. Cass first met him when he was a Ravenclaw seventh year at Hogwarts before he introduced her to his sister. The two girls almost instantly clicked. It was a strange friendship that no one could've ever predicted, since the girls were two different sides of the same coin. Not to mention the fact that Liv was not only a Hufflepuff but she was also a Muggleborn, and Cass...Well, Cass was a Black. 

The blonde visibly shuttered, "Please don't mention her again. I had to share a room with her in Paris. Can you believe that?"

Cassiopeia snickered, "Did she get into your bed with you?"

Joe's girlfriend - Sophie - was very, very clearly a closeted lesbian. One that seemed to be a lot more interested in her boyfriend's sister rather than her boyfriend himself. 

"She bloody tried," Liv huffed, folding her arms over her chest as she leaned back into the seat, "How was your summer? Somehow you look paler than you did last time I saw you."

The black haired witch shrugged casually as she dug into the pockets of her worn out leather jacket. Pulling out a squished packet of cigarettes and her lighter she placed one in her mouth, "I stayed in my room all summer," Cass finally stated, lighting up the cigarette and taking in a deep inhale.

Liv sent her a look of sympathy as she watched her best friend move closer to the window, opening it as she exhaled the smoke out, watching as it danced in the warm air. She knew all about Cassiopeia's home life, well, not all about it but close enough, and always offered for the black haired witch to come round to hers for the summer holidays. Cass always declined the offer, the last thing she needed was her mum finding out that her best friend was a Muggleborn. 

Silence filled the compartment. For Liv it was an awkward one, since the blonde loved chatting away, Cassiopeia on the other hand, loved the silence. It was the only time she could feel calm. At the Black household Walburga practically screamed everything she said. Cass thought that maybe the woman was going deaf since she clearly couldn't regulate her own volume, however, after muttering that very quietly under her breath to Regulus, she soon found out that her mother wasn't going deaf yet the screams got louder. So, whenever she was in a quiet place, Cass couldn't help but bask in it. 

Her icy blue eyes danced around the compartment, when movement just outside of it caught her attention. Her eyes instantly locked on a pair of grey ones as she felt herself nodding in greeting. She had a soft spot for her brothers, even Sirius. Even after he left her. He was still her brother and she wasn't ever going to forget that, and she certainly wasn't going to act like Regulus did towards him. 

Sirius sent his sister a small smile, however his eyes looked sad. He had spotted the large bruise on the side of her neck; it wasn't hard to notice it, especially since he spotted her in the compartment when she wasn't looking his way, her hair moved in a way to exposure the injury. His eyes quickly glanced at the doorknob of the compartment, his inner thoughts battling to whether he should go in or not. However, when Cassiopeia snatched her eyes from his and looked back out the window, blowing smoke out from her pouty lips, Sirius sighed sadly then walked off.