Elder Blood

KAER MORHEN - Kaedwen

"I don't know.. but maybe we should try it.." Yennefer answered. She was talking through the Megascope with the other sorceresses. They were having the meeting from the Lodge. Geralt was sitting on the sofa and staring at her. Yennefer allowed him to stay in the room and listen to their conversation. They didn't have any secrets anymore. They trusted each other and nothing couldn't separate them. They loved each other and this was the most important thing for them.
"All right.. see you soon." Yennefer ended the conversation. She turned to him and started walking towards him.
"I don't like that idea Yen.." he looked at her worried.
"I don't like it either but soon or later we will have to show her to the world. She can't be hiding forever." Yennefer explained.
"What if someone betray you?" Geralt gave her seroius look. Yennefer sighed.
"Look Geralt, they already know about her and they know she is with you. They also know that she is on Kaer Morhen. We'll only talk through the Megascope.. nothing can happen to her." she caressed his face. He calmed down a bit.
"I know.. but I wouldn't forgive myself if something happens to her.. or to you." Geralt squeezed her hand.
"I won't let anyone to hurt Ciri.. you know it Geralt." she kissed him. "And please call her here. The Lodge is waiting on her." she smiled at him. Geralt nodded.
"I love you." he kissed her on her cheek and without any word he left from the room. Yennefer started blushing, she loved when he was telling this to her.

Geralt entered into the library. Ciri should have  a theoretic lesson with Vesemir now. He spotted Vesemir but he didn't see Ciri anywhere. He came closer to him and then he understood it. Ciri had to run away because Vesemir fell asleep with the book on his knees. Geralt laughed, he knew exactly where Ciri was.
"Vesemir.." Geralt poked him. After couple of seconds Vesemir woke up.
"Geralt? What are you doing here?" Vesemir asked him confused and he started looking for Ciri. "Where's Ciri?"
"I was looking for her.. and she supposed to be here.. but I think I was wrong.." Geralt laughed.
"That little cunning girl.." Vesemir shaked his head. "She took a chance of my inattention again.." Vesemir said with laughing.
"And you should not fell asleep.. you know her, she won't read the books if you won't stare at her. You are getting older Vesemir." Geralt laughed. "What were you teaching her anyway?" Geralt asked him.
"Just some things how to fight with Ghouls."
"These are quite interesting things to learn.." Geralt raised her eyebrow.
"Yeah they are.. but she cares only about the swords and fight right now.." Vesemir laughed. Geralt shaked his head.
"I will rather go to find her."
Vesemir nodded.

When he came to the courtyard, Ciri was already training with the sword with Eskel. He went towards them.
"Ciri.. shouldn't you be somewhere else?" Geralt raised his eyebrow. They stopped fighting.
"I will go back.." Ciri lowered her head.
"What are you talking about Geralt?" Eskel was confused.
"She has a lesson with Vesemir.. but obviously she has better things to do now.." Geralt crossed his arms.
"Oh.. I didn't know that.." Eskel laughed and he raised his eyebrow at Ciri.
"I forgot to tell you.. sorry.." Ciri was trying to smile.
"Don't worry about it.. It's good for me to train with swords, so it didn't bother me at all.. but I think Vesemir will be a bit upset." Eskel said with laughing.
"He will give her a lection for that.." Geralt's face was serious.
"Anyway where's Yennefer?" Eskel looked at Geralt.
"In her room.. Why do you ask?" Geralt looked confused at Eskel.
"Because I'm surprised that she let you go alone here." Eskel said teasingly.
"What do you mean.. let me?" Geralt raised his eyebrow.
"I just have a feeling, you know.. that she doesn't like to let her eyes from you.." Eskel said with laughing. Ciri bursted into laughing. Geralt gave her angry look and she immediately lowered her eyes.
"I can take care of myself." Geralt frowned.
"Come Ciri.. Yennefer is waiting on you." Geralt commanded her calmly. They both started leaving.
"See you!" Eskel shouted at them and he started laughing.

"Finally.. what took you so long?" Yennefer asked them when they entered into the room. She raised her eyebrow.
"Ask Ciri.. I was looking for her everywhere.." Geralt said calmly but in his mind were also Eskel's words.
"What have you done again?" Yennefer looked at her suspiciously.
"I went to train with swords when uncle Vesemir fell asleep.." Ciri lowered her eyes.
"Ciri, how many times I have to tell you that's not good for you to train too much physicaly.." Yennefer said a bit angrily.
"But I like it.." Ciri frowned.
"Excuses, excuses.. you're the same as Geralt.." Yennefer shaked her head.
"Hey.. I'm not using excuses all the time.." Geralt was defending himself.
"Not at all.. only when you've done something what you shouldn't done and that happens very often." Yennefer raised her eyebrow on him.
"You're horrible when you're right." Geralt laughed a bit. He then came closer to her and he kissed her forehead, she smiled at him. He just couldn't be mad or rude at her. Not anymore.
"Ciri come.. they are waiting." Yennefer told her calmly. Ciri hesitated and she lowered her head. Yennefer noticed it.
"Do not tell me that you're afraid to comunicate with sorceresses when you're not afraid to fight with the monsters.." Yennefer crossed her arms.
"I'm scared a bit that's all.. I just don't know what to say." Ciri frowned.
"You will just introduce yourself, maybe you'll tell them something if they ask you.. but I will speak most of the time. You have nothing to worry about." Yennefer came closer to her and she hugged her. Ciri immediately snuggled closer to her. Their relationship was getting better day by day. Ciri was for her as a daughter.
"Alright?" Yennefer caressed her face. Ciri nodded.
"Come.. it's time." Yennefer told her kindly and they both went to the Megascope. After couple of seconds they connected with the Lodge.

After one hour they finally ended the meeting. Geralt almost fell asleep on the sofa.
"Was it so bad?" Yennefer smiled at Ciri.
"No.. it was fine and I'm happy that I'm a member of Lodge now. We will go on the banquet too?" Ciri said with excitement.
"I'm happy too.. but you still have to learn, your time will come.. and about the banquet we'll talk later." Yennefer told her honestly.
"Why I'm so special for them?" Ciri was confused.
"You have Elder Blood in your veins.. that's why you're so powerful." Yennefer explained. "Now go wash yourself." she kissed her forehead.
"Alright." Ciri smiled at her and left from the room. Yennefer then looked at Geralt and went towards him.
"Were we so boring that you were sleeping?"Yennefer told him when she sat down next to him on the sofa.
"What? No, I wasn't sleeping, I'm just little bit tired.." Geralt laughed. He embraced, she snuggled closer to him.
"You? Tired? What has happened to the best witcher I've know?" Yennefer was teasing him.
"The best witcher has a child.." Geralt admitted. He was honest. Ciri was like a tornado sometimes. It would be much easier to take care of monster's cubs than of her, he thought.
"Then you should go to retirement if one child has done this to you." she laughed.
"Yen.. don't provoke me." Geralt laughed.
"What? I'm just honest.." Yennefer was smiling.
"About what banquet was Ciri talking about?" he asked her calmly but he was more serious.
"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" she laughed. "Anyway.. The Lodge will have her private banquet in Ard Skellige. They invited us.. and they would like to also meet Ciri there." Yennefer explained but she already knew that Geralt won't like it. Geralt sighed.
"It's too dangerous." he stated.
"It won't be dangerous if you'll go there with me as my company.." Yennefer said honestly. Geralt looked at her surprised.
"You want me to be your partner?" he smiled at her.
"No, Geralt.. we'll go there and we'll pretend that we don't know each other.." Yennefer said sarcastically and rolled her eyes. "Of course I want you to be my partner. I love you.. who else it should be if not you?"
"It will be honor for me." he pressed his lips on hers. She smiled at him.

"But there's one thing which worries me.. What if Vilgefortz will show up? He is dangerous.." Geralt looked at her seriously.
"I thought about it too.. but The Lodge knows about him. They're watching him all the time and the banquet is privite. They'll will only invite people who they trust." Yennefer explained.
"But what if.." Yennefer interrupted him by putting her finger on his lips.
"Don't think about it.. everything will be alright." she caressed his face. He smiled at her.
"Yen.. I wanted to ask you something.." he hesitated. "About Soden.. what really happened there?" Geralt looked at her sadly. He saw her sad face. He immediately knew that she didn't have the best memories on that battle. She took a deep breath and she started speaking.
"It was really horrible experience.. everyone were dying around me and I couldn't stop it.. We were losing and then I came to the point where I had do something.. " she lowered her head.
"It's okay Yen.. you don't have to tell me if it's hard for you.." Geralt took her hand and squeezed it. She smiled a bit at him.
"No.. it's okay." she tried to smile. "I had to do spell to save us all.. and to have enough power to do it I had to remember on all my pain in my life at that moment.." she looked at him sadly. He understood, he was reason of her pain too.
"I'm sorry for that.. and I'm sorry again for what I did to you.." Geralt told her sadly.
"It's alright.. we forgived ourselves already.. and I don't look to the past anymore." Yennefer smiled at him. He returned smile.
"I love you Yen.. and if I could, I would give you the whole world. People keep saying that love like this comes once in a lifetime and for the first time I believe it's true." Geralt smiled at her.
"I love you too Geralt." she snuggled closer to him and he embraced her more tightly.
"Yen? There's another thing.." Geralt hesitated. He didn't know how to tell her.
"What again?" Yennefer laughed and looked at him.
"Are you watching me?" Geralt raised his eyebrow.
"What?" Yennefer didn't understand.
"Eskel said that you don't want to let me go anywhere alone.."
"And Eskel is right.." she sighed.
"Why? You know I can use my swords.." Geralt was confused.
"I know. But I'm just worried about you.. I don't want to lose you again.." Yennefer put her hand on his cheek and caressed it.
"You won't lose me.." Geralt squeezed her hand on his cheek and smiled at her.
"But still I won't take my eyes from you witcher.." Yennefer laughed and kissed him on his lips.
"Do I have a choice?" Geralt said with laughing.
"No." she smiled under her nose.
"I know. I just wanted to be sure.." Geralt laughed. He caressed her back and Yennefer put her head on his shoulder.
He loved her and she loved him. They didn't need anything else, just themselves. Their love was extraordinary and it was something what they never had before. This was love of two strangers, two totally opposites persons. They were like fire in the rain and still that didn't stop their feelings towards each other. It's because of love what they had, their lives still were making sense. They knew that people will talk about them. They knew that people will doubt their love but this will never stop them from loving each other. Never.

THE END: Chapter 31