Chapter 81

This story will have a sequel ;)

- Sian

Pip was once again the main topic of the institute. Nobody could stop talking about his surprising hidden talent. "I think you impressed everyone, even yourself," Krey said from the doorway of the bathroom, watching Pip dress after his shower. Pip had lost his balance twice while trying to put on his socks, and he had tripped out of the shower, almost smashing his head off the bathtub if Krey wasn't close to cushion his fall. Pip's clumsiness was both worrying and entertaining.

As Pip tugged on dark blue jeans, he welcomed Krey's eyes on his body like he welcomed heat after a cold day in the snow. They had been very intimate only the day before. He no longer felt quite as shy, not while Krey watched him as though he was the most beautiful human in the world. "I did surprise myself. I wasn't sure if I'd be the first to drop out, but I didn't think I'd even outrun you." Pip stopped to clock Krey's reaction. He had thought Krey might be jealous, or irritated that a human beat him. Krey only smirked.

"You impressed me." Krey's eyes flicked him up and down. Pip was fit and slim with the hint of muscle shaping especially his legs. "You outran the strongest wolf pack in England. What do you have to say to that?"

"Um... hard work pays off?" Pip smiled sweetly and pulled a knitted burgundy jumper over his head. "I would like to run with your pack more."

"We should get you some proper trainers first."

"Yeah um..." Pip awkwardly pulled at his sleeves. The life he left behind was constantly biting at his heels. "I-I checked my bank online. My aunt and uncle cleared out my money. I shouldn't have left my bank card."

Krey was good at hiding any emotion other than his anger. The rage fizzled through his features, hardening his eyes, tensing his jaw, and tightening his throat. "Let me get rid of them," he spoke calmly, despite his eyes summoning a ferocious storm.

"So- I c-can't afford shoes right now," Pip said, ignoring his comment.

Krey sighed, shoving his anger out of sight to hold his anxious mate in his arms. "Pip, you're a part of the pack now. Our money is your money, and you need new shoes. Maybe even a few pairs. You definitely need a new coat."

Pip smiled, resting his chin on Krey's chest. His warmth was everything pip wanted after a shower. Krey's arms around him was all the comfort he needed in the world. "Are you sure that's okay?"

Krey ran a hand through Pip's brown wavy hair. The front had curled from the heat of the shower. "Obviously. I'm not just gonna let you train in converse when we have the money to buy you proper gear."

He was frank, but Pip knew his tones rarely reflected how Krey really felt. "That's nice of you."

"That's me," Krey said bluntly. "Nice."

Pip smiled wider. "You're so sweet."

"Wait, no-"

"You can't take that back."

"I'm not sweet."

"Yes, you are. To me anyway. You can't deny that."

Krey held him tighter. "I couldn't treat you any other way. That's not just a mate thing. You're so fucking cute, it's physically impossible to be mean to you."

Pip wanted to comment about his aunt and uncle, the southern wolves who were trying to catch him, or even Mark. Pip very quickly bit his tongue. He buried his head against Krey's chest. Quite often, they hugged where they stood, no matter where they were. "You don't think I would have angered the other wolves by- I mean, they're not embarrassed, are they?"