(Arc-8.4)

Chapter 99
War of Mechanics (Arc 8.4)

Jing Yang stood with Denanfry in the ship’s command center, watching the technicians and soldiers set up the mining equipment. The planet had just gone through a cosmic storm and was a mess. Jing Yang was sitting on a wheelchair so it wasn’t convenient for him to go down. He could only watch them from the command center to make sure that they didn’t make any mistakes during the installation.

Morgan led the mechanics team to also keep watch in the command center. When they heard that the experiment with the equipment Jing Yang had created was successful, their moods were quite complex. Ever since the first time Denanfry occupied the Jinming star cluster, it was them who had first started to research this mining equipment, but they weren’t able to succeed. Later, they could only pass it along to the Mechanics Science and Technology Institute in the capital star to continue research, but they still had not sent news of the success of their simulation experiments. Hearing that Fetani’s progress was far ahead of them, they were actually extremely anxious. Getting those precious metals meant that the treasury would be full for at least the next one or two hundred years. Now they finally had a successful experiment, but it was still from one of Fetani’s people.

The installation of the equipment alone took a whole morning, and after it was finally done, the technicians were ordered to activate the equipment and conduct the first field experiment.

Twenty minutes later, the monitoring staff reported, “The first layer of rock, successfully excavated, depth 30 meters.”

At this time all of the spectators were still very calm, because the first layer of rock was only slightly harder than the ordinary layers of rock on other planets. It wasn’t difficult to dig.

Fifty minutes later, the monitoring staff reported for the second time, “The second layer of metal earth, successfully excavated, depth 50 meters.”

Now everyone’s expressions started to change. Even though the metal earth layer was called earth, it was several times harder than that of the top rock layer. They had heard that Fetani had already been able to excavate the metal earth layer, and now they had also succeeded. Then at least their progress wouldn’t be much different from Fetani’s.

Another hour later, the monitoring staff reported for the third time in an excited voice, “The third layer of hemiore, successfully excavated! Depth 40 meters!”

The mechanics team stared in disbelief, looking at each other, their expressions inscrutable. Even the combat team members who just came to watch the fun were all excited. Even hemiore could be excavated, that was an ore that even explosive artillery couldn’t break, the best material for mecha armor. Even if no precious metals could be excavated this time, being able to get these hemiore was already an extremely difficult matter. And now they were only one step away from the precious metals, they might have already surpassed Fetani.

Denanfry turned to look at Jing Yang’s side profile. Using little more than a month of time to be able to achieve these results, had already exceeded his expectations. He suddenly had a feeling that choosing to believe in this person may have been the best decision he had made in his life. And saving him was not the other person’s luck, but his own blessing.

“Suc-successful!” The monitoring staff’s voice trembled from agitation. He shouted, “Successful! Really! It’s true! The final layer of corrosive liquid did not corrode our mining equipment, and when the liquid was sucked up, it did not corrode our storage equipment! We have mined the precious metals! The first field experiment, succeeded in the first try!”