(Arc-8.17)

Chapter 112
War of Mechanics (Arc 8.17)

The Fetani officials strongly requested to meet with Jing Yang, but Wilkesa officials also couldn’t really just keep denying that request. After all, no matter what, he was still a person of Fetani. If they really forcefully forbid them from seeing Jing Yang, the officials of Fetani would very likely say that they had forcibly detained Jing Yang and that they wouldn’t let Jing Yang return to Fetani. This would have a very bad effect on Wilkesa’s reputation.

So the Wilkesa officials decided to let Jing Yang meet with the officials from Fetani and reject them himself. But the people of Wilkesa were still very concerned about this. Even if Jing Yang had personally volunteered to stay in Wilkesa, who could guarantee that he wouldn’t want to go back to Fetani in the future?

“Fake marriage?” Denanfry was a little surprised by Prime Minister Bloch’s proposal.

“This was the only method that we could come up with to appease the people.” Bloch explained. “Right now, all of the people are concerned about the fact that Skien is not a person of our country, and the officials of Fetani have also been constantly asking for Skien to be sent back. So we had a discussion. You two can go through a fake marriage at first so that at least for a short period of time, the people can be pacified to some extent.”

Denanfry and Jing Yang exchanged a glance.

“Of course.” Bloch said to Jing Yang. “If you personally are unwilling, we won’t force you.”

Bloch and Denanfry had been close friends for many years and he was very understanding of Denanfry’s character and personality. He knew very clearly that Denanfry was definitely interested in Jing Yang, or else he wouldn’t save him and support and protect him everywhere, even using his own reputation as a guarantee. But he didn’t know how Jing Yang felt in his heart, and he also didn’t want him to feel like they were forcing him, because that would probably be counterproductive.

“No need to pretend.” Denanfry said. “We were already planning to get married.”

“Oh?” Bloch looked at the two with some surprise. He didn’t think that they would move so fast, but if that was true then it saved them a lot of trouble.

“You can arrange it, and we can come forward and announce it in person.” Denanfry said.

“What about the Fetani officials? Are you going to meet with them?” Bloch asked Jing Yang.

“It’s also good for me to meet with them, I’ll make things clear to them.” Jing Yang said.

“Okay, then I’ll let some people go arrange it.” Bloch stood up and patted Denanfry on the shoulder, saying half-jokingly and half-seriously, “You’ve made a great contribution to the empire, and should be commemorated in the annals.”

~

Those officials who had come to the Wilkesa capital star had been here for quite some time and had been dealing with Wilkesa’s officials for a long time in order to be able to see Jing Yang and then persuade him to return to Fetani. Now they received notice that they could finally see Jing Yang, and their anxious hearts were finally loosened slightly.

Even though Jing Yang had already been able to stand up and walk for short periods of time, he still sat in a wheelchair when he went to see the officials from Fetani.