Chapter 30

Leah's Pov

Chloe looked terrified when she came to me.. I don't want her to worry about anything, the only thing she should think about is the "surprise" I will give her after the party. I am going to make her wish come true. I will bring her back her freedom. In this 4 months she has tried to talk to be about this topic a lot but I have always ignored it because I was scared. I never knew about Zoey's intention behind all this. But after I confronted her that day, she told me about her crazy feelings for Chloe. It scared me and I knew Chloe is only safe in here, in my arms. I wouldn't let anyone else take her away from me. But now it's time, I trust Chloe with all my heart and I know she won't betray me.

"Just a few more weeks until the big night!" I said musically. I danced around then made my way to the ball room.

----------------------------------------------------

*Three weeks later- At the party*

Chloe's Pov

The next three weeks went by without any issue. I was ready for the party Leah arranged for me. As I entered the ballroom, it looked spacious and weirdly dark. The only thing lighting up the room was the moonlight pouring in through the tall windows, gigantic chandelier hanging from the ceiling. It stone bright, white light that cast strange shadows all around.

The people inside were all mingling with each other, hidden behind their masks. Everyone had a drink in their hand as they socialized. The hum of their laughter and talking buzzed through the room with the soft music coming from the speaker scattered throughout the room. I was looking for Ivy and finally I found her in the black mask.

I ran to her and hugged her "Ivy!"

"Oh my god! It's been so long" She hugged me back.

"It's so nice to see you after a long time" I was so happy to see her.

"Same to you!! I missed you so much" She exclaimed with joy.

"I missed you too, I swear" I hugged her again.

"Is Leah treating you right?" She asked concerned.

"She treats me like a princess" I replied her honestly.

"Well, that's good but I'm still mad at you for not inviting me in your wedding"

"I'm sorry, everything happened so fast"

"It's ok, I'm just happy that you're ok" I smiled at her.

There was regular music on but everyone was dancing in pairs and they were all spread out through the room.

"Hey Chloe! Come dance with me" Leah said and hold out her hand for me.

I smiled at her, taking the hand she was holding out for me.

We started to dance with each other. She kept her hand at my waist, swaying with me as I moved.

"You're pretty good at this" She smiled widely at me as the song started dying out and coming to an end.

"So are you!" I smiled back.

The next song playing was Small Things, so we took this one a little slower.

"Are you having fun?" She said, placing both her hands on my waist. I gently rested my hands behind her neck. She swayed us a little and I enjoyed the feeling as I lost myself in her eyes a little.

"Yes!" She spun me around. I let out a low giggle as her arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to her. Then she put her lips right on mine.

Hours passed and it was just Leah and I. Countless drinks and songs had passed.

I yawn then look at the clock. It was getting late, almost midnight.

"Are you tired" Leah asked and I nod then stand up. I head up the stairs. Yet again I am caught in the powerful arms of someone and pressed up against the wall. My vision became clear again and I saw Zoey standing before me. I struggle to get away but she has a extremely firm grip.

"Zoey, let me go!" She violently shakes her head no.

"Listen to me! I don't want things to go this way. I want to be with you Chloe and I know you want to be with me!" I stare into her sad eyes. I feel a twinge of pain stab my heart. A part of me still wants to be with her but another doesn't want to.

"Zoey, I... I'm sorry. I can't be with you" Pain flashes through her eyes. She breaks down and falls to her knees, clutching my waist. Her shoulders shake as she cries into my abs.

"What has she done to you? She has broken you. You promised me that you'll run away with me" Zoey cries harder.

"Zoey, I'm not the one that is broken, it's you" She looks up at me. She slowly stands up. Her eyes linger an my face. She strokes my cheek.

"Sweetheart, I'm not broken, I'm dying without your love. The only thing that has given me purpose is you and now she has once again taken you away from me" She cries into my shoulder. I hug her. Tears fall down my face. I hate this so much! I don't want to hurt Zoey, I'm in love with Leah but the little part in my heart still cares for her.

"Zoey, I can't do this. I'm so sorry. I love Leah" Zoey shook her head then looks into my eyes.

"Chloe, I know you're confused and lost but I know how to make it better. Runaway with me, marry me" Her eyes tear up again.

"Please d-don't kill me this way. I love you more than anything. Let's just go right now" She starts to pulling me to the front door. I get free of her grasp, I run to the stairs but Zoey once again gets a hold of me.

"ZOEY!" I hear Leah yell. Zoey turns and quickly gets behind me, holding a gun to my head.

"Don't take one more step!" Zoey yells back. Her breathing got hard. Her tears fell on my neck. I begin to cry again. Leah's eyes widen. Leah slowly extends her hands towards us.

"Relax Zoey, don't do anything stupid" She slowly takes another step. Zoey steps back with me tightly in her arms.

"We are leaving! Don't you even think about following us! You have hurt her enough!" Zoey yells.

"Zoey please!" I cry out.

"Shh it's going to be okay, you need to get away from this place. Get your mind straight, soon as you do we are getting married" Leah's eyes were steaming white. I reach out my hand to Leah.

"Chloe hush, you are going to be okay. Baby I promise. Zoey give her here NOW!"

"No! We're leaving! And if you try to stop us, I swear things won't end up well" Zoey warned.

"Zoey, I know you're upset but we can talk about this. If you hurt her it will be all over!" Leah tries to convince her but Zoey backs up towards the door.

"No I won't let you corrupt her any more! She needs to be away from you! Her mind has been clouded! You have forced her into marrying you but I can fix her! I will fix her!" She pulls the car keys out of her pocket.

"We must be on our way now. Say goodbye to Leah cause we won't be back!" Zoey says as she opens the passenger door and puts me in. She quickly buckles my seat belt then hops in the driver side. I begin to blackout, it was all too much for me to handle at once. I'm trying to keep my eyes open but it's getting hard.

"ZOEY!" I hear Leah scream. Zoey throws the car into drive speeding down the rocky road.

"It's okay sweetheart. Go to sleep, we will be free soon, just like you wanted. Just like we wanted" My mind becomes dark as I slip into darkness.