C.66

"hyuck"

"hmm?" haechan turned his head towards her connecting their gazes as he adjusted himself on her bed.

"just.. when are you going to let go of my hand?"

"i'm not planning on letting it go" he said lifting their connected hands upwards. her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"why?"

haechan scoffed- his eyes wandering around the room.

"you kept on playing with louis and bella- giving them your attention.." he trailed off before he continued "and the other members looked like they had a great time with you" he said.

"don't tell me you're jealous-"

he gave a quick peck on her lips which caught her off guard. yoonhwa's breath hitched when he moved closer towards her.

"i'm not"

haechan leaned forward their faces a few inches apart. "you should be paying your attention to your boyfriend" he mumbled his hot breath brushing against her skin.

yoonhwa gulped and looked away. haechan surpress a laugh before giving her some space.

"i'm sleeping here"

"what?"

"i'm not leaving you alone. you know that there's a lot of guys in this house" haechan straightened himself his face had a serious look.

"it's not like i'm going to do anything to you" he said staring deeply into her eyes. "but kisses is an exception"

"what about cuddles?" yoonhwa asked quietly. haechan let out a soft chuckle grabbing her hands. "why? do you want cuddles?"

she bit the inside of her lip. "we can't?"

haechan gave her a small smile- tilting his head to the side pressing his lips softly onto hers.
"of course we can cuddle"

haechan felt her arms wrapping around his waist. "hyuck" he hummed running his fingers through her hair.

"i love you" he could have sworn his heart skipped a beat when she said those words. he hugged her real tight breathing in her usual vanilla scent- that he find addicting.

"i love you more" he murmured sheepishly. a wide grin instantly appeared on her lips. "what?"

"i'm not repeating that again"

"aw why?" she broke the hug pouting her lips and crossed both of her arms over her chest. haechan cleared his throat before he pulled yoonhwa's arm. he patted his lap motioning for her to lay her head there.

yoonhwa bit the inside of her lip before laying her head on his lap. haechan brushed the few strands of her hair off her face.

"yoonhwa" he started his fingers playing with her hair. "you're not going to leave me aren't you?"

"of course not" she answered confidently. "why did you ask?"

"i'm just worried about you. your safety-" his voice felt like it was stuck under his throat. yoonhwa's lips made a straight line and she lifted her hand up touching his cheek.

haechan sighed grabbing her hand that was on his cheek- the side of his lips beginning to tug upwards. "i used to think of leaving this gang"

"why?" he shook his head his other hand still playing with her hair which she find comforting.
"but i don't think i want that right now. since you're here" he mumbled the last part quietly. yoonhwa gave him a soft smile.

"do you want to know something?" yoonhwa nodded the smile on her lips slowly fading when she saw the look in his eyes- sadness.

"last year- even before you're here. something happened.. do you still remember the big portrait at the old headquarter?" she blinked her eyes as he waited for her answer.

"the one with all the members? yeah i remember" then realisation came upon her- her eyes widened slightly. "there's no.."

"that night we got ambushed, one of our member lucas.. died. the gang red sun killed him-" haechan stopped himself from continuing his breath getting shaky. yoonhwa quickly got up and sat in front of him.

"you don't have to tell me"

"i need to" he mumbled and shook his head. "haerin finished their leader off and the gang just banished. then lately, there were signs of them coming back. and i'm sure they're after us"

"then the other day- the car outside our school..?" yoonhwa trailed off.
"yeah that's them" haechan said confirming what she wanted to ask.

"there's a reason why i told you not to go anywhere all by yourself. i don't want anything bad happen to you-" haechan cupped both of her cheeks making eye contact with her. his thumb brushing on her cheek bone.

"hyuck" yoonhwa smiled as he hummed in response.
"can i play with louis and bella tomorrow?"

"no"