Black on Black

By now, I was easily able to recognize the voice as belonging to Taeyong so when tufts of scarlet hair entered my vision, I thought nothing of it, that was until a second man with oddly colored hair followed soon after. My lungs were empty of air, yet I couldn't find the courage to breathe.

He was dressed in the most casual outfit I had seen him wear. A black shirt tucked into black jeans held up by a black belt with a silver colored buckle. A clashing gold colored watch with red and green detailing drew attention to his right wrist and consequentially, the veins that traveled up his forearms. His hair lacked any product as far as I could tell as his bangs swept past his browbone and into his eyes. I noticed that the man's rose gold locks were slightly translucent, probably from the bleaching process, and must not have done much to impair his ability to see past them.

Unable to turn away, I silently prayed that he would overlook my presence, but that hope revealed itself to be a pipedream as our eyes immediately made contact with each other.

"What's going on here?" Jaehyun demanded.

"They're all eating together! How fun!" Taeyong observed, seemingly unaware of his boss's hostile tone.

Taeyong wandered over to the table and took a seat in the last empty seat, leaving his boss to remain standing by the door.

"You know, I always thought that we should start eating meals together, but it didn't seem like the other members were up for it."

Jaehyun stomped towards us, irritation written across his features. My instincts were telling me to flee, to run out of their and never look back, but instead my body braced itself, knowing that it didn't have to courage to move even the slightest bit.

"Jeno? Don't you two have work to do?" He questioned the sandy-haired man.

Jeno and Jaemin looked at each other then back at their boss.

"Everything is running ahead of schedule, sir. I already have the ingredients prepared for dinner tonight."

Jaehyun paused, processing the response before turning to Jaemin.

"And what about you? Where are Chenle and Jisung?"

"Umm... sir? This my scheduled lunch break. The boys are with Momo," He responded with perturbed intonation.

Jaehyun brought his right hand to his face and pinched the upper bridge of his nose in frustration.

He sent a quick glance at Yuta and Mark.

"Don't look at us, you only told us to be on standby in case we needed to have a meeting," Yuta reminded in a disinterested tone.

Before Jaehyun could chastise Yuta for such a cheeky response, Taeyong began to speak.

"Awesome. Since nobody is going to be busy for the time being, should we pull up another chair?" He asked staring up at Jaehyun's intimidating figure.

Before I could start begging the universe to save me from having to sit at the same table as the man who was possibly the only person I was more afraid of than I was of Lucas, Jaemin spoke up.

"Actually, there was something I was hoping I could talk with you about, boss," He announced, getting up from his chair.

"Shall we?" He asked.

Jaehyun looked down at the five of us who remained seated at the table before returning his gaze to Jaemin. Without saying anything, he merely made his way out the kitchen door, Jaemin waving goodbye as he followed.