𝟏𝟓 | 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐃𝐀𝐘

𝐞𝐩 𝟎𝟏

TENNESSEE.

              𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 𝐺𝐼𝐿𝐵𝐸𝑅𝑇  felt homesick. She had been on the road with Klaus Mikaelson and Stefan Salvatore for a few months now. The summer was nearly over, and she missed her brother and sister dearly, not to mention her friends and her best friend, Damon Salvatore. Klaus had trusted her to be able to text Damon on burner phones throughout her time with him, and he knew that she knew it would be stupid to text him their whereabouts. Klaus would kill Damon within seconds. Of course, he had no idea that Elena was still alive, and Stefan and Adelaide planned on keeping it that way. She mumbled curse words under her breath as she wrapped her leather jacket around herself, following Klaus as the two of them walked up towards the house in Tennessee. Klaus had been on the hunt for wolves during the summer, so he could make more hybrids that would have no choice in being loyal to him. He was planning on making an army of hybrids, just like himself, but wolves were quite tricky to find. The only good thing is that once you find one wolf you tend to find more as most wolves belong to a pack. Obviously there is an exception for some wolves. She held the broken phone in her hand as she saw a young woman step out of the house to call for her pet. Probably a cat as dogs aren't as independent and or trusted to go out on their own without running off.

"Rudy! Come on, it's too hot for me to come looking for you." Adelaide heard the girl say before she turned around, coming face to face with Klaus who had snuck up on her.

"I am so sorry." Klaus attempted an American accent. It was terrible. The definition of horrible. Adelaide and to control herself and try her hardest not to burst out laughing, which was proving to be extremely difficult, so she pretended she need to lace her heeled boots up, bending down to cover her face as Klaus talked to the woman. "I didn't mean to scare you." Sure he didn't.

"Can I help you?" The young girl asked. She looked around Adelaide's age, if not a few years older. Adelaide stood back up and joined Klaus's side, where he wrapped a arm around her waist, despite her telling him to stop doing that weeks ago. He never listened. She felt the same tingling feeling she always did when she was around him, travel down her body, goosebumps appear on her skin. She could tell Klaus knew he had that effect on her, which was guessable by the smirk on his face and the way he lowered his hand slightly so it was practically touching her ass. She didn't move or say anything however as she knew she couldn't act out about his actions at this very moment in time, besides although she told him to stop doing it, she had to admit she liked the feeling.

"Yeah, our, uh, our car ran out of gas a couple of miles back." He lied, the American accent laughable. "We feel like we've been walking forever. Yours is the first house we've come to, so I was just hoping we could use your phone."

"Don't you have a cell phone?" The girl asked, sceptical of them.

"Yeah, battery died." Klaus faked a small chuckle as he pulled the dead phone out of his back pocket.

"What about you?" The girl turned to Adelaide.

"He has anger issues." Adelaide gestured her head in Klaus's direction as she held the smashed up phone. She wasn't technically lying. Klaus did have anger issues and he had been the one to break her phone. It was over something ridiculous as well, but luckily he was rich and if Adelaide got her own way once all this was over she was making him buy her the newest iPhone.

"Well, you were cheating on me." Klaus dug his fingers into her side slightly, sensing the woman in front of them was even more cautious of him. "Look, I promise I'm not a serial killer. I just want to use your phone."
"Sure." The woman finally gave in, sighing.