Part 35: Reunited Again

"Chloe?!" I heard Harry ask as Mal, the girl, and I walked over to the boys.

"Harry!" I said, running up to him and hugging him tight.

"Oh my Zeus," Harry said, hugging me back before pushing me away to look at me. "Are you alright? Did he hurt you?"

"Yes, I'm alright, and no, he didn't hurt me," I said.

"Good, because if he did I-" Harry said.

"Alright," Mal said, cutting Harry off. "Get in, get out. Jay, you're good?"

"Yeah," Jay said before pressing a button and opening the barrier.

Everyone walked out but Harry stood back as if he were waiting for someone.

"Harry, c'mon," Carlos said.

Harry nodded and walked through the barrier before walking over to me and holding my hand.

"Who were you waiting for?" I whispered.

"Just wait," Harry said.

With those words, Sophia and Gil jumped through the barrier before it closed.

"We made it!" Sophia and Gil cheered before hugging each other.

"Sophia?!" I asked, getting her attention.

"Hey, guys," Sophia smiled, readjusting her blue and white striped shirt. "We're just coming for a small visit."

I pushed her back as she started walking towards the group. Sophia pushed me back and I bumped into Mal.

"Hey!" Mal said, the ember dropping from her hands.

Mal went to grab it but Sophia kicked it over the edge.

"No!" Mal and I cried as the ember fell towards the water.

Suddenly, a tentacle shot out of the water and caught the ember.

"Drop something?" Uma asked, coming above the water.

"It can't get wet," I said.

"Give it back before it gets wet," Mal said, holding her hand out.

"Uma?" Gil asked.

"That's my name," Uma said before going under the water and disappearing.

"No!" Mal said.

"Hey, calm down," I said.

"Calm down?!" Mal asked, turning to face me.

"Hi, guys," Uma said from behind us.

"Welcome back," Sophia smiled.

"Uma, I thought you swam off and forgot all about us," Gil said, sounding hurt.

"Yeah, planning her revenge no doubt," Mal said, crossing her arms.

"It's not all about you, Mal," Uma said, rolling her eyes. "After I found my necklace, I started looking for a hole in the barrier to let everyone out. And you know what I found? It's way better out there than we thought. There's this thing that looks like a furry rock called a coconut. And fish so big you can dance on their backs. And they've been keeping it all for themselves."

"Whatever," Mal said. "Uma, I need that to break a spell."

"Cast by Audrey, Sleeping Beauty's daughter," Harry said.

"Mm, so the good guy is the bad guy?" Uma asked. "Well, I might not give it back. Let's see what happens."

"Uma, it's not a time for games! People's lives are in danger!" Mal said.

"Guarantee me that every single villain kid who wants to, can get off the Isle," Uma said.

"I can't do that," Mal said.

"Can't do that?" Uma asked, walking over to the water and holding the ember over the edge. "Well, how about now?"

"Deal!" Mal said before clearing her throat. "Deal."

Uma didn't look convinced.

"Her word is good," I said. "Now, give her the ember."

"I'll still keep this for the time being," Uma said, putting the ember in her shell necklace. "Because if you think I trust you to save the world on your own, think again. This is a job for pirates."

Sophia and Gil smiled.

"We can go back to hating each other when this is over," Jay whispered to Mal.

"Fine," Mal said.

"Where are our bikes?" Harry asked.

"Oh yeah, we crashed them," Gil said.

Jay glared at Gil. "Those were our only way off the Isle!"

"Oops," Sophia said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Okay, who are you?" Mal asked.

"That's Sophia," I said. "The unknown daughter of Smee."

"I can introduce myself, you mutt," Sophia spat.

I rolled my eyes.

"Here's a thought," Evie said, getting everyone's attention. "We could try to be friends. Put our history behind us and celebrate our differences. Yeah?" Evie pulled some gum out of her pocket. "Who wants gum?"

"Let's go," Uma said, taking a few steps forward with Gil and Sophia following behind her.

"No?" Evie asked softly, putting a piece of gum in her mouth.

"Ah... no," Mal said. "I'm in charge. Let's go."