Chapter 4

Izzy’s POV

Most of the flight back to Texas was silent between Demi and me, awkward silent actually. I knew Demi wanted to ask about what had happened between Jason and me but frankly I was over it and didn’t even want to talk about. Once we arrived Eddie was there to pick us up from the airport and take us home, my new home with my new family. To be honest I was scared shitless. Most of the afternoon was spent with Maddie helping me unpack my things which had arrived that morning and get settled in to my new room.

“Hey, how’s it going” Demi said as she entered the room.

“Good”

“Yeah most of Izzy’s clothes are put away, which by the way Demi you would totally love she has a bunch of band t-shirt”

“Yeah hopefully she’ll let me raid her closet one of these days, oh hey by the way Maddie dad wants to know if your still going over to your friend’s house tonight”

“Oh shoot I completely forgot! Hey Iz you okay if maybe Demi helps you finish?”

“Yeah totally! Plus we practically finished anyways thanks again Maddie” I say before hugging her goodbye.

“You and Maddie really seem to really get along well” Demi says picking up a shirt and hanging it on a hanger.

“She’s a good kid. Plus we’re close in age”

“Is that your way of calling me old” Demi pretends to act offended.

“Well now that you mention it…”

“Hey!” We finish hanging up my clothes and take a break.

“I am soo tired I can literally sleep for a week” I say flopping down on the bed burying my face in the pillows.

“Well moving in a week can do that to you”

“Hey Demi, I just want to say thank you. Not just for helping me with the moving but from comforting me earlier over the whole Jason situation”

“Awe of course sweetie, that’s what sisters are for. And well I didn’t want to push it earlier but what exactly happened between the two of you” Demi said taking a seat next to me on the bed.

“It’s not important just douche boyfriend and whore ex best friend”

“Wait he cheated on you with your best friend!”

“Like I said not important”

“How do you do that”

“Do what?”

“Just get over things so quickly” Demi questioned. Frankly I didn’t have an answer for her I mean how do I  tell her that I basically suppress most memories by getting high and eventually I just forget to deal with them.

“I don’t know. I guess I just get over things quickly you know carpe diem, seize the day”

“But it’s not healthy to bottle things up. I mean hey I know you’ve had a rough past couple of years and you’ve experience a lot of loss but you have me and not to mention your new family. You’re not alone baby girl” Demi spoke leaving me quiet with my thoughts in till she raised my chin up. “Hey I will always be here for you Izzy, always, just like the past few days in L.A. you can count on me” Demi added causing me to embrace her in a huge hug. I believed her, maybe things were finally going to change and even if the idea of just picking up and moving to a different state with my new found family sounded crazy at first everything finally seemed to be falling into place. I didn’t feel alone anymore. Maybe Demi was right in light of our birthfathers death something wonderful can come out of it, a new beginning, but boy was I ever so wrong.