16

When we get back to L.A we have about 2 weeks in between the next time we're traveling. We're planning on using that time to shoot desk episodes mostly, but I'll actually be taking a few days off as my brother is visiting. He finished college a semester early so he's been looking for an excuse to get out of our parent's house and I offered him the sofa-bed in my apartment for a week. 

I jump in my car and drive to the airport to pick him up and then we head back to my apartment to drop off his stuff. 

"So I have a little bit of a surprise for you..." I say as we step into the apartment, he raises his eyebrow. 

"Ryan and Shane are gonna grab lunch with us in an hour," I say, trying to act as casual as possible. Chris is low-key a fangirl for Buzzfeed Unsolved and he reacts pretty much exactly how I expected he would.

"Shut the fuck up. Oh my god. I need to change, shit," he throws his luggage on my couch and starts rummaging through it, I laugh. 

"Alright chill loser, you think you can just act cool for one afternoon?" I say, sitting down at my kitchen counter and watching him dig through his stuff. 

"Oh I can be cool, I am cool. Check me out," He pulls a baseball hat out of his bag and puts it backwards on his head, "totally fucking cool." He says, and I laugh and go to grab the hat. 

"Maybe I should cancel..." I say, 

"No!" I raise my eyebrows at how uncool he is being, " I mean, nahhh you're good no need to cancel I'm just chilling," He says, putting on a relaxed voice. I laugh and toss the hat back at him. 

"If you say so..." I say, leaving him to pick something to wear while I go into my room to get ready too. 

After about a half-hour we are back on the road and heading, unbeknownst to Chris, to the Buzzfeed Office. I figured I'd pick Ryan and Shane up from work and I might as well give Chris a tour of the office. We park in the employee lot and Chris looks confused. 

"I just have to grab something from the office," I say casually, "you can wait in the car if you want..." 

"Um?? No!" he says, unbuckling and getting out of the car. I laugh and we head into the office. I swipe us in and then we jump on an elevator. 

"this is so cool." He mutters, and I laugh. The doors open and I see Shane and Ryan aren't at their desks. I'd texted them to meet me on the set of all our desk videos so Chris could see where the *magic* happens. I go over to my desk and pretend to rifle through it for a second, all the while Chris is gawking at the office and looking around. 

"Huh," i say, "that's weird... It's not here, come on it might be somewhere else." I say, Chris is too preoccupied to even ask what I'm looking for which is good because I wouldn't know what to tell him. "Come on," I say, breaking him out of his trance by swinging my lanyard with my employee ID towards him. We walk towards the set. The doors leading on set look like normal office doors at first so I know once we step inside he'll be in for a shock. I push the door open and see Ryan and Shane sitting at the "iconic" desk. 

"What the fuck Sophie!" Chris half yells, half whispers. I laugh, 

"Oh hey!" Shane says casually, 

"We getting lunch?" Ryan asks, the two of them acting like they haven't been in on the little surprise. 

"Yeah, oh by the way," I say, stepping aside so Chris can walk further into the room, "this is my brother Chris!" 

"Hey," Chris says, putting on a bit of a more masculine voice and trying to be chill, I smirk and shake my head. 

"Hey! It's nice to meet you!" Ryan says, getting up to shake his hand. Shane does the same. They chat for a little bit and I can tell that Chris is nervous but Ryan and Shane are pretty good at making people feel comfortable.