Chapter 53 Interview with the Police

Third pov

Marinette can barely remember her first months as a superhero.

At least not during the day. The memories are so very weak in the light.

It's during the night they show themselves.

She was so scared back then. So clumsy and afraid of not being enough.

A real people pleaser that didn't know how to tell people to get out of the way because one day the Lucky Charm won't be able to save them.

Back then it seemed so much easier.

When it was her and Chat against Hawkmoth.

Now the team is a lot bigger and Hakmoth and Mayura five times as bad.

It's pretty much an all out war at this point and she doesn't want involve anyone else. The problem is that she has to. They still have open spots that need to be filled.

Silver filled the Fox perfectly. Marc being a better Fox than Alya was.

She wants Carapace back but she isn't sure if she can trust Nino.

But she still doesn't want to involve any more.

********************************************************************************

"Hi there, could you lift your hand for me?" The nurse checks her over before going to talk to Bruce.

Damian is sitting in a chair beside the bed. "Father is waiting to see when we can move you to the manor."

I want to see my parents

"We'll fix that. At the moment we can't fly you home though." Damian answered.

"It looks like it's okay to take you home." Bruce came over and the nurse left. "But you are on bed rest for a few weeks until it's time for physical therapy."

Have you talked to my parents?

Bruce nodded. "They've been made aware of the situation. They wanted to talk to you later."

Marinette nodded.

I want to talk to them too.

************************************************************

At the hotel many of the students were in an uproar. Most over how the Joker had almost killed Marinette. The others because they thought that Marinette left her hiding place just so she could get attention by fighting Joker.

Lila didn't even need to be very vocal about it since Alya was doing practically all the job for her. "She just wanted the attention from fighting the clown. And now she's ruined our chances for the gala."

Alix gave her a scathing look. "Shut the hell up Alya. No one wants to hear your obsessive hate for Marinette."

"The only logical reason for Marinette to leave her hiding spot would be if someone else was at risk." Max stated seriously. "Marinette has shown several times that she is willing to risk herself to help others."

"Marinette is a bully!" Alya screeched.

"Have you ever actually seen her bully anyone? Do you have any proof at all?"

Everyone looked at Juleka who was looking not too happy.

"Everyone has been listening to Lila because her stories are entertaining but has anyone seen Marinette actually bully someone?"

Alya was spluttering. "What's that supposed to mean?!"

"That Lila is a huge fucking liar and we let Marinette suffer for it!" Juleka snapped.