48: Please I Do Not Want a Heart

Dream stood still in awe. Ever since her coronation, no one had seen her, so she is absolutely taken aback of the hideous comments of her peers.

The noble ladies stood up and hurriedly tried to calm their children who are crying in fears. Everything became a mess. The maids start whispering to each other, and the guards started arming themselves.

'Wait... Isn't this bad?'

Then before she could realize, the queen is in front of her and lay down her shawl on Dream's head. She then picked up Dream.

"We will excuse ourselves, it seems our princess wandered away from her garden. As you can see, she is wearing an inappropriate attire."

Dream looked down to her clothes and noticed the soil and leaves from the clover garden still stuck on her.

Dream looked at the face of the queen who is trying to calmly handle the situation then she looked back to the pale and nervous ladies who are trying to calm their crying children.

Dream cannot help it but feel guilty about the situation her presence created.

.....

Kaleid who is far busier because of the King's sudden trip to the Diamond Country was surprised by a guard asking for his time.

"What happened?"

Kaleid asked, he assumed something had gone wrong somewhere, why else will the knight seek him out.

"The princess had wandered off to the Queen's tea party."

"What?!" Kaleid without a second thought ran towards the rose garden.

When he reached the garden, he was welcomed by pale looking ladies, who are seem to be wives of the dukes, Marquis and counts. They are sitting around the oval table, with the queen and princess seating side by side at the head of the table. Kaleid composed his breathing from his running and greeted the crowd.

"Oh my Sir Kaleid, it is a p-pleasant day." A duchess tried to hide the awkward atmosphere. Kaleid smiled and look at the queen calmly sipping her tea. The princess is just looking down while sitting up straight like a doll.

Kaleid noticed that the princess is wearing a different attire than this morning when he left him at the Clover garden. The princess clothes is a matching outfit with the queen.

The queen put down her tea cup and finally explained the situation.

"It seems, our Princess coincidentally wandered here because of the laughter of children that was playing in the rose garden."

Kaleid looked around but he see no children.

"They started crying so they are being tended by the maids in one of the rooms in my palace."

"May I know why they started crying."

One of the ladies started shaking and crying.

"Y-your grace, please forgive my child! She is still young! She did not know what she is saying!"

And another lady stood up and start kneeling on the side of Dream's chair that made Kaleid surprised.

"P-princess! Please forgive our children! They did not mean it! Please princess! He is my only son, the duke will-" the lady covered her mouth and started crying and kneeling to the ground.

Dream who is shaken from the events look up to adults who she knows more than the despondent ladies. Kaleid could not take the situation anymore and took the princess and carried her up.