07 this is seting the feminism movement back, like, fifty years

TALIA LET THE HARSH SUMMER SUN BEAT DOWN ON HER FACE, HER LIGHT SKIN BEGINNING TO GET IRRITATED

    TALIA LET THE HARSH SUMMER SUN BEAT DOWN ON HER FACE, HER LIGHT SKIN BEGINNING TO GET IRRITATED. After Kie had lovingly welcomed into her home last night without questions, she had gotten some sleep before her best friend told her that the boys would be picking them up to go to the island club to get access to the internet. Talia begrudgingly got out of bed, not wanting to face the awkward tension between her and John B. They both acted like there was nothing wrong, but she could sense there was. She only hoped that not reacting to the kiss would screw up their relationship permanently.

Talia was sat opposite of Kiara, on the side of the boat while John B drove, the envelope tucked next to him contained the map. They were sitting in silence until JJ whistled at a passing boat.

"You guys see that?" He asked his friends, referring to the maroon boat that passed by. "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200K, easy." JJ described as the boat came closer, passing them from a distance.

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope said, to which the group nodded in agreement. Talia looked closer at the boat and groaned when she realized who was driving it.

"Oh God, that's my brother and his girlfriend." Talia rolled her eyes and threw her sunglasses over her face, not wanting to face her brother, even from a distance, after their explosive fight last night. She didn't even explain the fight in detail to Kiara like she normally would, but she didn't want to relive it. Once again, Topper continued to surprise his sister with his new found anger. It was probably the mix of drugs and alcohol he had taken that night, but it still didn't make the experience any less terrifying for Talia.

The Pogues looked as the boat passed while Talia looked the opposite way, scratching the back of her head, trying to seem more natural.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch" Kiara announced loudly, causing Talia to move to the bow and sat across from JJ. She laid down on her back, attempting to tan before they got to their destination.

"Hey, Tal? If I kissed you right now, would you tweak out like you did with JB?" JJ joked quietly to the girl, making her launch up and pull her sunglasses off her face.

"What?"

"Oh come on, he had to tell me what happened. It was kind of funny, actually." He explained to the girl, who moved closer to him to make their conversation more private. She let out a scoff and gave him a look.

"It was not funny, JJ. It was incredibly awkward and I didn't intend to 'tweak out', believe me." Talia retorted, while JJ shrugged.

"When he told me, I was kinda surprised. I was the one who told him to go after you in the first place." JJ told her, her eyes becoming wide as saucers.

"Excuse me? Why?" Talia asked him, to which he only chuckled. She smacked the side of his leg, trying to get an answer out of him.

"Are you serious, Tal? He's been pining over you since the day you two met, but he just doesn't have the balls to go for it without a little push. Plus, I was gettin' tired of seeing both of you guys staring longingly at each other whenever we all hung out." He told her, which caused her to blush, and she hoped the sunburn that was already developing on her face hid it.