Chapter 103

Luna's pov

-

Cold. That's all I felt. The coldness crept through my veins and turned me to ice. My eyes slowly opened, they strained to see under the one light bulb that hung above my head.

Within that moment, I realized that my hands were chained. I tugged forward but nothing moved. My body was still under some sort of spell. I could tell it was a spell of the witch because of a familiar feeling.

My hands were chained to the wall as my feet were shackled together. I groaned and looked around, searching for any sign of life.

My father was no where to be seen yet. Just my limp body and iron bars that surrounded me, trapping me inside as the cluster feeling invaded my senses.

"Dad!" I screamed, my voice echoed against the concrete walls.

"Daaaadd" I screamed again, there was nothing but silence.

Silence and cold walls seemed to remind me of how much emptiness my mother had in her heart.

"Luna?" I heard a soft voice

"Dad??" I panicked, I tried to move my arms but it was physically impossible.

I closed my eyes and felt the adrenaline rush. My blood turned to mush on spot as I tried to move my arms. My fingers barley budged, I groaned and hung my head low.

"Dad, can you hear me?"

"Yes Luna" the soft voice came again

"I'm gonna get us out of here. I promise" I said

"You have too Luna, you have to save us all" the voice said again, this time with a laugh. My brows furrowed

"Dad?" I questioned

"Oh please, as if I could ever sound as annoying as that man" Medusa said, her body emerged from the shadows of the wall.

She held her usual smirk and her arms crossed against her chest. I noticed she wasn't in the same clothes I last saw her in. Confusion consumed me again.

In that moment of distraction a king cobra appears from behind her. His skin of almost a silver metallic colour, spreading his ribs to make his regal hood. From the stone floor to his head, he stands six feet tall with another twelve disappearing behind him. I wasn't threatened by the animal, he slithered his way around my body, the hissing sounds filled my ear.

"Why do you look like that?" I asked

"What? Gorgeous? I don't know, it's just a blessing" she smirked

"Oh for fuck sakes" I spat

"You've been out for about two days now" she smirked.

The first signs of the panic arrive. It's a discomfort in my chest, a feeling in my brain like excess caffeine... then it sets in deeper. My face fell, my mind could only focus on Aelia.

"I need to talk to Aelia, she'll be worried" I whispered

"Ah yes, Aelia. I have something special in store for you both" Medusa chuckled

"Why wouldn't you be normal? A normal mother who isn't a Physcopath and wants to kill her own family for no damn reason?"

"Does anything about us seem normal to you? I have snakes as hair" she rolled her eyes

"Why... Why are you so damn evil" I spat, she smiled and shrugged

"The world needs chaos to drown out the intoxicating scent of do gooders" she laughed