-21-

Astraea Grey

"You didn't run after him?!" Madison stopped applying the green face mask to my face. I too stopped applying the same green face mask onto her face and looked up at the celing of my living room.

"No, I mean I was shocked that he said something like that. For three years I always thought he thought I was his friend. Then he tells me he wasn't pretending and jumps out of the window like a fucking vampire". I looked back down at my hands then reached out and spread a streak of the green clay onto the left side of her face.

Madison rolled her eyes "So are you going to talk to him".

I removed the brush from her face and contempt on what I was going to say. "Sure maybe on monday though because my mom needs me tomorrow and I want to give him some time alone. His mom said he came home drunk last night so I think it's best to talk to him when he isnt intoxicated".

Madison shook her head and she brought her own brush to my face "Now we can finally go on double dates for real. " She smiled and took a paused as she leaned back "I'm happy you know, your finally getting what you always wanted."

I laughed "Yea it's crazy." I placed the container and brush down, Madison following in suit. We turned our bodies and looked back at the TV and leaned aganist the couch.

"So enough about boys, how's planning the homecoming dance."

I groaned out loud in annoyance "I don't know why I even decided to do it again this year. I swear I'm gonna kill myself." I threw my head back aganist the couch.

Madison chuckled "You say that every year"

"I know but still" I paused and looked at the TV and frowned, since when did Little Mermaid come on.  "You know how many girls have been coming up to me asking about whether they are going to win homecoming. Or are we allowed to bring alcohol this year?"

"Rae?"

"Yes"

"Can I bring alcohol into the gym this year." I looked over at her, she wiggled her eyebrows and smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes playfully "For you yes. You just didn't here it from me" I winked at her.

She too winked "I gotcha and when do you want to go dress shopping?"

I shrugged my shoulders "Whenever really"

"Okay then Monday after school"

"Ok-" The doorbell rang and I looked at Madison with a confused expression "Who the hell is at the door" I whispered. 

She just shrugged her shoulders "I don't know. Buttt you should go open the door" She gestured for me to go.

"Why me?"

"It's your house" She answered as she wrapped a blue blanket around her.

"Uh no what if its a serial killer" I remarked. She looked at me like I was on crack. Or even sane. 

A smirk played on her lips "Give them a cereal box then" 

I fought the urge to laugh "No you're coming with me."

She let out a breath of air as she stood up "If we die. I'll kill you". I grabbed her arm and mummbled a whatever and walked to the front door. My small hand wrapped around the door handle and I yanked the door open almost knocking myself and Madison over.

"Could you be any rougher" Madison groaned as she stepped away from the door. "Darnell?" Darnell flashed us a smile, his white teeth showing. In his hands he held two pies of pizza.

"Hey, Colton told me you where here and he kinda told me about the breakup Astraea" He gave me a sad smile "I'm sorry" He added.

A smile appeared on my lips as I looked at Madison "He's the best, you better keep him" I stated as I grabbed the boxes from his hands. "I'll take those, and you can come in" I moved from the side and held the door with my foot. Madison gave him a hug and he pulled away looking between us.

"Why are your faces green. Halloween isn't for another month and a half"

"It's a face mask" I answered and caught Madison staring a me with a smile.

"We are putting some on you" Madison gripped onto his arm.

"What?"

"Yup" Popping the P, I closed the door with my foot as Madison dragged Darnell to the living room.

"I didn't agree"

"It doesn't matter" Madison answered as she sat him on the couch. "Now sit still and watch Little Mermaid while I put this on your face". I laughed as Darnell made a face when Madison started spreading the clay onto his face. I sat criss-cross on the floor and began eating pizza.

"Stay sill" I looked over at Madison who was now straddling Darnell and holding his face with one hand. I raised my brow and grabbed a pizza, turning back to the TV "Keep it PG-13, I dont need to witness anything". I bit down into the slice. "Ow" I rubbed my head and looked up at Madison.

~*~

"Which Disney movie?" I turned towards Darnell, who's face was now green.

He crinkled his nose up "What's a Disney"

I faked gasped and held my hand to my chest "We've been watching the Little Mermaid since you got here" I shook my head "Now be prepared for a freaken disney movie marathon". I grabbed the remote and started looking for a movie.

"You've awoken a monster" Madison whispered but loud enough for me to hear.

"Not funny." I pressed on Beauty and the Beast. "At this point I don't see him worthy for you. So he needs to watch all the Disney movies to gain my support for this relationship" I joked as I looked back at the TV.