02. Meeting Barry Allen

9 months.

That's how long it has been since the particle accelerator exploded causing the death of my father and Caitlin's fiancée. I'm broken to say at least, I was shattered and the pieces can't be picked up or healed. My mother hasn't even contacted me or asking how I was, the only time we talked was at his funeral she starting becoming depressed and refuses to speak to anyone only the guys she sleeps with. I try and reach out to her but she pushes me away and replies with the same thing 'I don't need you or anyone' it's sad because I thought we could comfort each other but nope, she's gone all depressed and sleeps with every guy she sees.

Losing my father was hard or difficult, he helped me through everything in my life even boys which was weird. Dad always was by me and told me to always believe in the impossible no matter how impossible it is and don't let anyone tell you differently. So when Dr Wells finds out that a guy named Barry Allen was struck by lightening and needed some tests done and something happened while he was in the hospital, I knew something happened with him. We asked Iris and her dad Detective Joe West if we could move him to Star Labs they hesitantly said yes, we told him he was in good hands and we'll take care of him. Caitlin, Cisco and I always looked after him and checked on him and if he woke up.

Cisco is playing Lady Gaga music which I have no idea why as we look after Barry you know doing the daily check up on him. He actually looks kinda cute when he's sleeping if I said that out loud, I would never live that down.

"What are you doing?" Caitlin asks.

"He likes this song" Cisco replies.

"How could you possibly know that?" Caitlin asks him again.

"I checked his facebook page, he can hear everything" Cisco points out.

"Audiatory functions are the last sensory faculties to degenerate" Caitlin explains.

"So I wouldn't bother playing this song, it's terrible and he can't hear it" I reply back while walking back to his bedside while checking his vitals to see how he's doing.

"Laura, since when do you hate Lady Gaga?" Cisco asks.

"Since she started wearing meat as a dress, I like to keep my clothes cute and not edible" I reply.

Cisco laughs at my joke until we hear a gasp and "Where am I?" I turn my head and see Barry sitting up. We all rush to him and check how he is while explaining what happened to him.

"Cisco! Call Dr Wells!" I exclaim while checking his eyes as he struggles to sit up. He sits up and looks at in confusion.

"Everything's okay, you're in Star Labs" Cisco tries to calm him down.

"Star Labs? Who are you?" Barry asks.

"I'm Cisco Ramon, she's Caitlin- Dr Snow and that's Laura or Dr Winter" Cisco introduces us.

"I need you to urinate in this" Caitlin insists to Barry while I take it out of her hand.

"Not this second" Cisco replies to Caitlin, while Barry stands up firing questions at us.

"What is happening? What is going on?" Barry asks.

"You were struck by lightening" I reply to his question, while Caitlin, Cisco and I stand next to each other. Barry turns around to a camera and glances at his stomach which have some abs which I can't help staring at.

"Lightening gave me abs?" He asks in confusion.

"Yeah it did" I sigh while Caitlin looks at me. Cisco pulls Barry to sit down while we explain him what has been happening.