one

SELENE STOOD IN FRONT OF THE CROWD, THE ELECTRIC GUITAR IN HER HANDS

The coffee shop has become a familiar spot for her. The brick walls that were covered in vines had a spot in her heart. The antique wooden chairs she had sat in many times were filled with familiars.

She would come down to the shop and perform three times a week. She remember the first time she performed. It wasn't supposed to happen at all. She was fumbling with the guitar on the stage when the manager asked her to play. With lots of encouragement, she finally gave in. One night turned into three. Eventually, the manager started paying her to play since she attracted a crowd.

She had met a man two years ago who had worked in the music industry. He had convinced her to get signed and now she occasionally helped other artist in the studio with anything that dealt with songwriting and the guitar.

Her hands smoothly made there way up and down the strings as her voice echoed throughout the shop. Her green eyes filled with amber scanned the room momentarily. She noticed a face who she hadn't seen before. Yet, it seemed familiar. The man was wearing  black ripped jeans and a floral button down shirt; the first three buttons unbuttoned. On his neck laid a cross necklace that looked as if it was built to be there. It fit perfectly along his built chest. She noticed the tattoos that aligned his toned skin.

She looked away from the man focused on the guitar that was in her hands. She played the guitar solo, the crowd cheering. A small smile etched her face.

"Chain, keep us together," she softly sung into the mic.

Soon enough, the song was over and she was leaving the stage as the crowd clapped. She smiled and thanked them before heading over to the front desk of the coffee shop. The manager made his way towards her, a big grin on his face.

"You have a visitor," he smirked, making Selene tilt her head in confusion.

"Who's visiting me at 9' o clock at night?" she questioned.

The manager pointed behind her, making her turn around. She was faced with the man from earlier. She knew exactly who he was now that she could get a good look at him. Harry Styles. He was in a boy band. She had listen to a few of their songs and from what she knew, he was a damn good singer.

She wondered what the hell he was doing in a coffee shop this late. Didn't he have stuff to do better than this? He held out his hand, the girl taking it and shaking it.

"Harry Styles. And your Selene Hills?"

Selene forgot that he was English. His accent was strong. It fit his looks.

"That's me," she said softly. He nodded, a visible smile on his face.

"Can I get you a cup of coffee?" he asked.

"Yeah, Thank you."

Harry ordered the coffee as Selene found herself sitting at a nearby booth. She didn't feel like she was even living at this point. Sure she had met famous people but not anyone as famous as him. Many questions flooded her mind. What did he want to talk about? Selene was nervous even though the man had only said twelve words to her. He returned quick and set the coffee in front of her before sitting down himself.

"Not to be rude but how did you know I was here?" she blurted out, making a dimple pop out of Harry's cheek. His hand found itself grabbing his coffee cup. "I talked to your manager. He had figured that you would be here so I just came over to talk to you," he answered.

"This is the place where it all started. It would seem a bit rude to not give my tributes to it," she smiled.

The coffee that once sat on the table had become empty as they went on to talk. Selene didn't expect an A list celebrity to be this nice. Living in California meant that she met many famous people who were rather dicks. How could you be mean to the person that's giving you a home to live in? Harry was genuine inside and out. He didn't care about the status of the person and Selene liked that.

"My bassist, Adam, cannot got on tour with us. I'm really struggling to find someone to take his spot. I know this is sudden but can you come to the studio tomorrow if I give you the address?" he asked.

It caught Selene off guard. She had never been on an actual stage, let alone play for anyone expect for the coffee shop. Was she really that good? She played with the rings on her finger as a fidgeting mechanism.

"Um, sure. I'll give you my number," she mumbled out as she took out her phone. The two swapped the phones, each placing their phone number into each other's contacts.

Before she knew it, the singer was gone.

What the hell just happened?