Chapter 1

Seven years later

Malena POV

"Malena, the boss is calling you. Hurry up" Emily informed me.

"Yeah, I'm going" I replied picking up my files from the desk.

I knocked on the door before going in.

"Sir, here are the files. I have completed them and also rechecked them. There is no mistake" I said with a hint of confidence in my tone.

My boss Joseph Anderson, he is  34 years old man who has a wife but still couldn't keep his eyes to himself. Many times I had caught him checking me out but I didn't say anything because the job provides me high wages.

"Malena do you know, this is the only reason I like you. You complete all your work in time. So this time I thought to give you some reward" he said stepping towards me.

The warning alarm rang in my mind while I stepped back and was ready to leave if he tried something.

"No, I don't think there's any need of it. It's my job sir" I said going to the door, ready to jump out from his clutches.

"No, no there's a need" he stopped me on my way to the door.

"No sir I don't think so" I said trying to leave but his grip on my hand was too tight, probably leaving marks on my hands.

"You know Malena there's no need to pretend. Come, I'll give you a nice time baby. Think what all you can get. I'll give you a promotion and everything you want" he said putting his arm around my waist.

"Please sir, stop" I warned him.

But still being a jerk he put his lips on my neck and that was it. I kicked him where the sun wouldn't shine while cursed him that he won't be able to produce a heir for his so called business.

Panicking, I ran towards the door when Emily saw me as her eyes widened looking inside the office.

"You okay?" she asked running towards me. I nodded and collected my things and left the company. I escaped to the coffee shop next to my company.
Calming myself, I inhaled and exhaled slowly remembering all the things happened minutes ago.

The waitress saw me and smiled as usual. I came here every morning so she knew me and my order.

She brought me my iced coffee and sat next to me.

"What happened? Why are you here at this time?" she asked concerned.

"Nothing, I just messed up"I sighed taking a sip of my coffee.

She put her hand on my hand and gave it a squeeze as a comfort.

"Everything will be fine" she consoled while getting up to go back to her work.

I smiled and nodded. I took my iced coffee and went to my car.

As I reached my house I put everything aside and laid on the couch.

My phone rang showing me the  caller id which said it was Rachel.

"Hey" I said in a low tone.

"Whoa... Girl what happened?" she asked.

Rachel was my very good friend from the restaurant I worked earlier.
She was also my roommate and understood me very well.

"Nothing I just did something crazy" I said untying my hair which made my scalp hurt.

"And that is?" she asked and I knew she raised her eyebrows at this question.

"I kicked my boss in his balls" I replied, sighing.

"That pervert deserves this. But why? Did he try to do something to you?" she asked, her tone getting higher.

"He tried but before that I kicked him" I explained, throwing the rubber band on the floor. This gave me the reason why I never found any rubber band when I looked for them.

"That's ma girl" she laughed which made me laugh too.

"So what you gonna do?"

"Resign, but then how am I gonna earn? I don't have any other job nor am I getting another job so easily"

"But still you can't go there again. Even if you wanna go he'll not let you" she had a point.

"Thanks, that helps a lot" I said sarcastically.

"Hey come on. Just leave that job and we'll find some other job for you. Fine?" she aksed.

"Yeah, I guess" I nodded my head even if she couldn't see me and ended the call.

I looked at the ceiling. My life had changed so drastically. It was perfect, I was studying and wanted to be a doctor. When Christian rejected me, everything changed,because of my self isolation I couldn't see my parents last time. I withdrew my idea of applying in a medical college because first, I didn't have that much time to study and second, money.

I worked day and night and only I know how I completed bachelor degree.

I worked in a restaurant at daytime and at night, I studied. The time my college ended I applied in my many companies and Anderson company accepted me.

I lived in this apartment. It had two rooms and a big living room. It was beautiful but now I had no Idea how would I pay for it.

I had to find a new job to pay the rent.

My phone rang again.

"Yeah, Rachel?"

"Send me your resume" she said.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Dumba*s of course to get you a job" she yelled, probably disturbing everyone near her. 

"It's okay I'll find one on my own" I never liked anyone getting bothered by me not even my friends.

"I know but the company where my brother works, has the secretary position vacant. So just send me your resume" she ordered not leaving any space for argument.

"Fine" I scowled.

I sent her the resume and also typed my resignation letter.
I hit the send button.

The next morning, I woke up with a sore neck. I realized I slept on my couch whole night.

I groaned standing up. I took a shower and went to the kitchen to get something for me. But thanks to my luck the cereal box was empty. I went to the refrigerator to find it empty too, except the ramen noodles. I had to go to the grocery store to get something.

But, today I had to go to the office empty stomach. Wait... there was no office.

I decided to check my mails where I noticed two unread mails.

First one was from Joseph saying that he could give me another chance if I came back. I was never going back. I clicked delete immediately and read the second mail.

It was from Perez Pvt Limited.
It said that I had an interview today at 11 am.

I looked at the time concluding that I had two hours to reach there.

I ran to my closet and got dressed. I put my makeup minimal and chose to wear a white blouse with a black pencil skirt which stopped at my mid thigh.

I chose my black pumps and made my hairs in a ponytail.
Got ready to give the interview.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I hope you like this chapter please do
Vote
Comment
Share