-33-

[painting]

"Two weeks?!" Jungkook yelled as he stood up from his chair. Taehyung didn't even react. It wasn't that he wasn't phased by it, because he felt more scared than ever. He was so scared that he didn't know how to react.

"Usually the patient is able to fight off the virus within two weeks if they're relatively healthy which Taehyung is. So if his immune system is working fine then he should recover soon. If not, then there might be a problem."  The doctor informed but Jungkook paid no attention to it. He didn't want to believe it, he felt like he was more phased by is than the younger.

"W-will it be gone by Sunday?"  Taehyung questioned. His lips were quivering at this point and all he wanted to do was become better again and go back on his date with Jungkook.

"I don't think so. Why that specific date?" The man asked to the boy who was trying his hardest not to cry. "That's the day of the pride festival.."

Jungkook's heart sunk once he heard how broken Taehyung's voice sounded. He knew how much the brunette wanted to go that thing and he couldn't imagine how he felt knowing that he couldn't anymore.

"I'm afraid you might have to miss it this year. Also Jungkook you should go now, we need to get Taehyung into intensive care so the virus doesn't spread deeper into his lungs."

Anyone could tell that Taehyung was on the verge of breaking down but Jungkook could tell better than anyone. "Can I have five more minutes with him please?" The raven haired begged, he couldn't just leave the boy there without saying anything.

The doctor pondered over the question for a moment before deciding on an answer. "Okay, but only five minutes. When I come back you should be leaving." The man stated as he left the room and closing the door behind him.

Once the doctor was gone, Taehyung let the tears he's been holding in fall down his face. He didn't want to think that he was going to miss this years pride festival, especially when he was going to go with Jungkook.

There was nothing the raven haired could say to the younger to make him feel better and he knew that, so all Jungkook did was lean in and wrap his arms around Taehyung who was crying into his chest.

"I'll go for you Tae.." The older reassured as he caressed the back of Taehyung's neck. "You don't have to.."

"I want to, for you."

There was an aroma of silence for a few which included the youngers choky cries which did nothing more than shatter the elders heart.

"What if I die.." Taehyung mumbled. "Baby, look at me." Jungkook spoke causing the brunette's watery eyes to look up at him. He still didn't know where all of the cute pet names were coming from but he thought it would be the wrong time to question it.

"Don't say things like that, you're going to give me a heart attack." The raven haired stated causing Taehyung to drop his head again. "I'm sorry.."

Before another word could've been spoken the door slammed open causing both of the boys to quickly put on their masks and back away from each other just in time. Jungkook took one last good look at Taehyung, knowing that he wasn't going to see him again for a while.

"Taehyung, your parents are on the way. You need to get going to your new room." The doctor informed which caused the raven haired to sigh as he stood up from the chair he was sitting on. "I'll come back soon.." The older stated to Taehyung who couldn't even see straight.

Jungkook couldn't bare to look at Taehyung as he was leaving the room. The youngers expression was heartbreaking and the older could read very clearly that Taehyung did not want him to leave. But he had no choice.

Every step Jungkook took that was outside of the room Taehyung was in made him feel more and more guilty. He felt like he should run back inside the room, grab Taehyung and run away to somewhere but of course he couldn't.

Once the male was in his car, he slammed his fists down onto the wheel and cussed out loud in frustration. He could feel tears pricking at his own eyes which he didn't even try to hold back. He didn't want to leave the building. He wanted to stay there until Taehyung got better but the hospital wouldn't let him do that, so Jungkook's only option was to drive away and off to one of his favorite locations.

The raven haired parked his car near the colorful alley way and began walking over to one of the drawings he made only a couple hours ago. It was the painting of the helmet. Anyone else would find it odd but to Jungkook it meant so much.

The helmet reminded him of Taehyung and whenever he looked at the helmet he remembered the youngers adorable smile and laugh. It even made him laugh a bit but he quickly returned back to his usual poker face once he remembered the situation he was in.

He thought he missed the cute boy when he was being ignored by him, but that wasn't even half of what he was feeling right now. He was so scared and his mind was occupied with thoughts of if Taehyung was okay or not.

The last thing Jungkook wanted to do right now was go home, honestly he never wanted to go home again without Taehyung in the room across from him. He couldn't imagine waking up and not being able to write a message to the brunette.

"Well look who it is." A voice called out to Jungkook making the raven haired whip his head around to face an all too familiar face which made him want to set himself on fire. "What are you doing here." The male angrily asked. He only wanted this spot to be for him and Taehyung and he didn't want anyone else intruding on it.

"Just walking around, you miss me don't you? Jennie stated with a smirk as she began to lean closer to Jungkook, pressing her body up against him causing Jungkook to hold his breath.

"Jennie get off."

"But I miss having fun wi-

"Jennie.." Jungkook stated in a sharp tone as he began death glaring the girl who gave an annoying pout. "Why? We're just going to have some fu-"

"I'm fucking gay." Jungkook yelled as he pushed his ex away from him, immediately looking down towards the ground once he realized what he just said. "You're.. what?" The girl asked while raising her eyebrows.

"Get lost." The raven haired said as he began to head to his own car, stepping in the vehicle and starting the engine. He was able to drive away before Jennie tried to stop him again.

This time Jungkook was driving away with heavy tears falling down his cheeks out of complete and total frustration.

this chapter was kind of a filler lol i'll update something more interesting later today 🥴

also i just started posting dance covers to youtube mainly from my Instagram so if you want to watch i linked a video down below 😳 tell me if the link doesn't work and once again thank you guys so much <3