Chapter 53

*REBEL SIMMONS POV*

I held my breath as the tension in the silent room grew thicker by the second. It was as if everyone was frozen, their gazes locked on the blinking device I held within my hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I recalled Skinkoli's words from the day I interrogated him:

"Pavlovski is everywhere, including your impenetrable little fortress. He sees everything. He knows everything. He can't be stopped."

Is Stephan... a mole for the Russian Mafia?

I tried to think objectively as I tried to decipher the situation. I looked over at Stephan, examining his facial expressions and looking for any sign that he was being dishonest and selling his family out. His eyes were wide, and his breathing was shallow. Stephan's slightly furrowed eyebrows and slightly agape mouth indicated that he was... confused? Shocked even?

An idea shot into my mind as I glanced at the blinking device before holding up my hands, successfully grabbing the attention of everyone in the room. 

"Before I go, there's one last thing I wanted to tell you, Dante." I said, looking at him with wide eyes while I slowly walked to my computer. 

"What?" Dante growled as his eyebrows furrowed. 

"I was fucking Stephan this entire time." I lied while bending down and grabbing my laptop off the floor. I sat down on the bed and opened it, sharply inhaling when I saw the archives were on a different page once again. 

"YOU WHAT?" Dante screamed as the room gasped. He immediately ran over to Stephan and grabbed the collar of his shirt with two hands before slamming him against the wall. 

"And he was so much bigger than you." I continued, hoping that Dante would give the reaction I was hoping for. I continued to grab a cord attached to my laptop, and quickly stuck it into the blinking device before setting it down on the bed beside me. 

Just as I predicted, Dante threw Stephan across the room, making him crash onto the coffee table, shattering it and sending his cousin hurling towards the floor. Florence, Giana, and Harry began screaming at the two men, urging them to stop fighting immediately. 

The twins looked at me for a moment, before realizing what I was doing, and quickly walked to my side. We stared at the screen intently as I began typing away, running an analysis on my computer. 

Multiple command prompt windows opened up, filling the screen. Within each window, multiple lines of code were writing itself, confirming my worst nightmare. 

I was being hacked. 

I quickly began the process of finding the virus on my computer, typing rapidly as Dante continued to throw Stephan like a rag doll. 

The code that was displayed on my computer was intricate and complex, unlike anything I've ever seen before. Instead of one program running on my software, it was as if it was multiple viruses were operating at the same time, feeding information out of my computer and transmitting it to another IP while bypassing the security system I installed. The virus was disguised as an internal code, causing my security system to read it as if I was the one moving this information. 

I began by finding out what the hell was attached to Stephan's phone, and quickly opened another window to run a diagnostic on it. Lines of code rapidly appeared on my monitor, and my eyes scanned the text as I pursed my lips. 

"YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER!" Dante roared as he threw a punch at Stephan, who ducked at the last second, making Dante's fist collide with the wall.