Chapter 19

I didn't know that the words 'yes' and 'no' can be so nerve wrecking. And I didn't know that asking someone out can be as well. I imagined those people who proposed to their loved ones, thinking that what I'm feeling right now is similar to what they felt when they proposed to their loved one.

Lucy was staring at me with her mouth slightly open and this caused me to babble and look away. "I mean, I don't want you to go home and sleep with a frown on your face, and you look beautiful today and I know you took your time getting ready and I don't want your efforts to go to waste-

"Amber-"

"And like I said, you've been looking forward to this date-"

"Amb-"

"And I know you're expecting someone else and I'm not that great-"

"AMBER!"

"But I hope you consider me?" I wet my lips and gulped, gasping for air.

"Do you always babble when you're nervous?" She observed while I nodded my head vigorously. "Actually, when I saw you sitting there, I wished it was you. I wished it was you that I have a date with. And you know what, Amber? I never stopped liking you,"

My eyes snapped to hers, feeling butterflies in my stomach. "Oh..."

"So my answer to your question is yes. I would totally definitely love to go on a date with you," She smiled, eyes glistening and that made my nerves go away.

I returned her smile with a beam on my face. Finally understanding the happy feeling when people say yes to the question. I stood up, stretching out my hand for her to grab which she did.

Oh how I've missed her touch.

As she stood up, I started checking her outfit. She was wearing a white laced off shoulder crop top that matched her khaki high wasted pants, her wavy hair was down, and her make up was only mascara, blush, and gloss. She looks more beautiful every time I see her.

I felt eyes were on me and I saw her watching me with her raised eyebrows. I coughed and said, "I wasn't staring. There's um... dust on your pants," I pointed to her legs and dusted her pants. "There. All gone,"

A chuckle escaped her lips, her dimples were showing and I just wanted to poke them. "You done?"

"Yup! It's clean now, good as new." I rocked my feet back and forth. "Have I told you that you look beautiful today?"

"Just today?"

"No, no. I meant that you look beautiful everyday and today you also look beautiful, and I asked if I told you already that you look beauti-"

Lucy eyes lit up as she flashed me a dashing grin. Then I realized that she was teasing me again. "You did say it already,"

"Oh. Well then let me tell you again. You look beautiful." I smiled sheepishly.

"Thank you. You look beautiful as well, as always,"

I felt my cheeks turn red. We got out of the coffee shop, our fingers intertwined . My eyes caught Lexi and Kayla who were spying on us. I sent a 'wtf' look their way, they gave me a thumbs up in return. Lucy followed my eyes and before she sees them, the couple managed to duck behind the fountain.

"What are you looking at?" She asked.

"Huh, me? I- I was checking that that... That fountain!"

"You're checking the fountain." She clicked her tongue.

"You got that right. I think it's wonderful to have a fountain in my room," I facepalmed myself mentally. Saying a bunch of bullshit to embarrass myself even more.