I'm Dead, and hes a Jerk- Feeling my presence.

I couldn’t sleep, I don’t think I can sleep now that I'm a ghost, but I thought I would try anyway.

I had to get out of my house, and once again went in search of the field that I saw my body and my killer in. Even after an entire night of looking, I still had no luck in locating where it was.

I realised that it was daytime now, and school had already started. I wanted to find Jared, not to apologise. I haven’t sunk to that level yet.

 I just wanted to forget our argument last night and carry on trying to figure out what happened to me.

Lessons had already started. I apparated to the back of Health class, noticing Miss Kongda in full teaching mode. I swear she’s not actually a woman; she was way to butch to have anything feminine about her.

I spotted Eve in this class, texting under the table. I smiled, typical Eve. I also spotted a dark head of hair of the boy I had been looking for all morning, slumped in his chair on the verge of falling asleep.

“Miss Clear do you normally stare down at your crotch or do you have your phone out in my lesson?” Kong demanded, staring over at Eve. She shot her head up, and smiled innocently.

“Why would I be staring at my own crotch? Unlike some people Miss I don’t need to keep checking what set of genitalia I have” Eve made the dig at Kong. People around the room began to laugh, including myself.

Eve shot her head around and looked over in my direction, making me freeze to the spot. She looked confused, her eyes scanned around the room as if she was trying to find something. After a while she turned her head around, but I could see she felt a little uneasy. Did she feel me here or something?

Jared also turned his head, looking at me with questioning eyes. He had spotted Eve looking in my direction as well.

“Right Miss Clear, if you feel the need to be a sarcastic little madam you can march right over to the Principles office and-” I quickly grew bored of Kong’s ranting, and felt the need to defend my best friend. Even though I'm dead, it doesn’t mean I won’t run to her defence.

I apparated to the front of the class, and looked down at Kong’s laptop. Using my mind control thing, I quickly looked up some random gay porn, and using the projector connected to the laptop, played it so it was showing on the board in front of the whole class.

People immediately began laughing, and a few shouts of ‘Kong I didn’t know you were into that sort of thing’ went around the room. I smirked, proud of my own work. I looked over at Jared who was staring at me, and then he started shaking his head, trying not to smirk.

“What? The butch Gorilla had it coming” I said to Jared, knowing very well no one was going to hear me apart from him. Kong ran over to her laptop, and attempted to switch it off, and failing due to the fact I made the computer freeze on the gay porn page.

I was laughing to myself when I looked up at Eve, who to my surprise wasn’t laughing. She was looking towards my direction again. I knew she couldn’t see me, but I could tell she knew I was here. It sounded really strange, but it was like she felt me in the room. And plus, this porn stunt was something we both would pull, and have pulled come to think of it.

Class ended early, Kong allowed everyone to go as she couldn’t get her laptop to work. Her face was burning bright red as everyone walked past her laughing. Jared walked over towards me, smirking. He stopped and went to say something, but I quickly cut him off.

“Mercedes don’t be an idiot, you start talking to me people are going to think you’ve lost your marbles. No one can see me remember? All they would be able to see if you talking to the air.” I informed him, he quickly realised I was right and went to walk out of the door.

I could see Eve looking at Jared suspiciously. I walked after Jared, wondering what the hell was going on with Eve. She couldn’t see me, but that girl was always smart.

Did she know something was going on?

“I think Eve can feel my presence!” I exclaimed as I walked next to Jared down the hall.

“Does that mean I'm off the hook having to help you?” He replied under his breath. He was obviously still a little pissed after what happened last night.

“No moron, she can’t see me but I think she knows something is going on.” I continued walking next to him, not bothering to dodge the people in my way and just walking straight through them.

“Well it doesn’t matter; she can’t see you so it’s no use. I know you want your BFF back Preston but it’s not going to happen” He said, again under his breath so people didn’t think he was talking to himself.

“Jesus Jared, way to be understanding and sensitive” I snapped at him. “Look I know you’re still pissed about last night but get over it, I have my reasons why I don’t want you to touch me.”

“Why the hell would I care about that?!” he yelled in my face, stopping dead in his tracks. He was looking at me, and I noticed many people turn their heads towards us.

“Um Jared, you’re talking to yourself remember?!” I reminded him. He quickly realised his mistake, and turned to face the staring crowds.

“Is there something I can help you with?!” he yelled viciously at them. They quickly averted their eyes away, scared of him.

Everyone went back to their own business awkwardly after Jared’s little outburst. After a while the noise from the crowds in the hall started flowing normally again. Jared turned back to me, knowing very well no one would dare even look at his direction so he didn’t have to worry. I could see the anger in his eyes. It must have really got to him last night.

“I could not give a shit about you not wanting me to touch you Preston, so don’t flatter yourself. I say this from experience, you weren’t that special. ” he hissed at me.

I flinched as he said that.

He gave me a look, at first, I thought it was guilt. Then the expression once again changed to one of fury, and he turned his back to me and walked away.

I stood in the middle of the hallway, people walking past me and through me but I didn’t care. I didn’t move as I was determined to put all my efforts into blinking back tears.

I made a promise to myself last year.

That Jerk was not going to make me cry, ever again.