5.14

AN: Question of the day! What is your favorite quotes/lines from this book?

Also, I'm going to a place with no internet so I won't be able to update on Monday. After this week ends, I'm going to work real hard on getting back to regular updates.

.

.

.

Hearing what his older brother had asked, Tendou Yagami's eyes turned colder at a fast rate. Sneering, he replied, "Why should I? She isn't my mother."

Tendou Akiyama merely nodded his head at that as he turned off the pan. "Alright then, I will tell Reo to send a gift back. Since you aren't going, I have no reasons to either. Hurry and take the drink to Zeno, I'm almost done here. I'll be busy for the rest of today and a couple days ahead. I don't know if I'll be able to come back soon so tell him to come and accompany you."

Ito Reo was Tendou Akiyama and Tendou Yagami's close friend. He was the same age as Tendou Akiyama, and was by Tendou Akiyama's side when he built his company. Now, Ito Reo was his secretary.

"Alright. Do you think you'll be able to set aside some time to go to the festival with us?" Tendou Yagami asked. While he knew that his brother was busy, his brother was too busy, barely setting off time for himself.

Hearing that, Tendou Akiyama smiled, "I'll see if I can tell Reo to do my work for me for today then. Now, hurry and go. You shouldn't leave him out there for too long by himself." Saying this, he used one hand to push Tendou Yagami away.

Tendou Yagami merely grabbed the cup of water and walked out after hearing his brother's words.

Meanwhile, Narisa Zeno sat down feeling as if he was sitting down on needles. When Tendou Yagami finally came back, Narisa Zeno couldn't help the smile of relief that showed.

"Sorry, it took a while longer. I had some things to discuss with my brother." Tendou Yagami said as he handed the cup to Narisa Zeno and sat down next to him.

"No, that's alright." Narisa Zeno took a sip of water before he asked, "How old is your brother?"

"He's 22 years old. He owns a company so he's usually busy and doesn't come back home often." Tendou Yagami replied, his eyes set on Narisa Zeno. "Now that I think about it, you've never told me about yourself."

Narisa Zeno widened his eyes at that. Well, not wrong.

"Do you want to know?" Narisa Zeno asked, a smile on his face.

(Male lead's love percentage is at 53%.)

Tendou Yagami nodded his head, replying back, "Of course, why wouldn't I?"

"I guess. I'm an only child so there isn't much about that. My mother actually ran away with her lover after giving birth to me. My father didn't care much about her presence so he never cared enough to seek her out. He took good care of me, teaching me a lot about his business. The principal of Takimura is also my uncle." Narisa Zeno said, setting the cup back onto the small table in front of him. "What about you?"

Tendou Yagami debated on what to say first. Finally, with a soft sigh, he began speaking. "My mother passed away when I was 10 years old. She was someone I loved with my whole heart. After my mother passed away, it didn't take long for my father to bring in another woman and introduce her as my new mother. Along with her came a new step-brother. I think that moment destroyed my relationship with my father, especially as I saw how he became more and more muddled with that woman and his new son."

Tendou Yagami couldn't help back a scoff as he continued, "My brother was the only one I really felt close to after all of that happened. When my brother decided to start a company, he moved out and took me with him. My ties with my father was never good after that and I barely attend any of their family events. My father is associated with the Yakuza too. Because of that, my step-mother has been trying to push her son into that position so she's been keeping her guard against me."