10- Hang Out pt. 2

A/N: Comment your answer

Q: What's your favorite Wattpad book?

A: College Life & Stepbrothers both by SeraphinaRivera

Zach's POV

"Both of you, don't burn the house down," I told Sam and Lai who was watching Netflix in the living room. I'm going out with Ted today which surprised me that he agreed.

"With what? These dance moves?" Sam said and started to dance. Lai joined in and I wasn't impressed.

They noticed my serious face and stopped. These girls almost burned the kitchen the last time they cooked.

"I don't want to get a call saying that our house was burned down," I said with a serious tone.

"The cookies were just burnt," Sam protested.

"They were on fire! How do you even do that?!" I said and Lai started to laugh. That girl literally laughs at everything.

"Just be safe and if you guys are hungry, just postmates something," I told them.

"Where are you even going?" Sam asked.

"Ted and I are going to hang out."

"Oh, so like a date?" She asked out of nowhere.

"W-What? N-No!"

"Well, you sure hope it is," she smirked. I shrugged it off and left.

Well, you sure hope it is

I drove to the park where I would be picking up Ted. I did insist on picking him up from his house but declined every time. It's like he doesn't want me to know where he lives.

After deciding to eat lunch first, we drove at a diner my family and I used to always go. It was in the lesser-known part of the town so when we arrived there, there weren't any people.

We entered the diner and took a whiff of the familiar smell of burgers and the unique smell that you could never put a finger on. The last time I went here was sixth grade before my parents got their new jobs that gave us no time to go here anymore.

It was still the same retro-style diner that I've always known and loved.

We sat at a booth nearest to us and the waiter gave us the menu that was significantly different from the menu before. As I was looking through the menu, I heard the bell ring signaling someone coming in.

I look at the door and saw a familiar boy come in with a younger boy with him. I think I have Physics with him but I don't really care who I have classes with which explains why I don't know him.

I shrugged him off but he started to come towards our table. When he finally reached our table, he greeted Ted.

"Never thought I'd see you in public. Oh, hey Zach," he said, noticing me. I just glared at him and continued to look at the menu.