48. Business calls

Shannon's PoV

'2020 Mnet Asia Music Awards, best new female artist award goes to...Shannon! Congratulations!'

What the...

Everyone around me is standing up, smiling and clapping.

'Congratulations, Shannon!' Jimin oppa says.

What is happening?

'Did I win?' I ask Soobin.

He nods and says, 'yes! Go get your award now, I'm so happy for you!'

The heels I've got on are very tall and he seems to have noticed. He extended out an arm for me to hold on to while standing up from the chair.

'Don't leave me until we reach the stage,' I whisper to him, which he replied with a subtle nod.

I receive the award from the presenter and, man, the trophy is heavy. My hands are starting to sweat so I really hope
I don't drop it.

This is the first time I've ever been onstage not for a performance. There's no earpiece in my ear to block the audience's applause and cheers, I didn't know it could be that overwhelming.

Oh lord, I didn't expect to win this award. Should I have prepared a speech?

Ahhh, let's do it.

''Thank you Mnet for giving me this award. I'd like to thank all the producers at my label, Bang Sihyuk P.D. nim, Pdogg P.D. nim...'

Hopefully, I haven't missed out any of the producers and my management team.

I look down to the audience of idols and somehow immediately spotted Jungkook oppa. He's put his jacket, which he gave Freddie oppa at the red carpet for me, back on. I didn't need Freddie oppa to tell me that the jacket is his because his refreshing scent is all over it. And boy do I miss it.

He's sitting in such a majestic way, with both his eyes on me now.

Stupid, everybody's eyes are on me now. It's not only Jungkook oppa.

'Last but definitely not least,' she says. 'Thank you, my STARS. I couldn't have done this without all of you. Let's hold each other's hands now and I promise I will give you the best music for as long as you still want me. Thank you, I love you!'

Of course, BTS created history again. They've won all 4 of the daesangs this year, just like last year.

I can't believe I also get to be interviewed by the press at the winners' stage after the ceremony. All I want to do now is take off those insufferable heels but I do love my outfit.

Ugh, such a dilemma. I'm definitely turning into a celebrity.

'Shannon-ssi, congratulations on being the best new female artist of the year. When can we expect another album or EP from you?' The first journalist asks.

'Thank you for your question. New music is in production now so stay tuned!' I smile.

'Will there be any surprise collaborations with any of your sunbaes like BTS or TXT? We know you've made a few new friends in the industry.'