35 • Yes, I love Her!

.
.

Flashbacks Continued-

Spending almost half an hour in getting ready and convincing his heart he went to downstairs. The ceremony was arranged at his place. So he decided to check the arrangements. This might divert his attention

While he came downstairs to see Naira's family was already present there. They were standing at the door step. He greeted them politely and hugged Naksh cheerfully.

K "You look great, buddy!" He said complimenting him.

Naksh "Well, you too handsome!" He complimented him back. Both smiled at each other.

Kartik's family welcomed Naksh and performed some of their rituals. While his eyes were searching for her. Where was she? She hasn't arrived yet.

He was desperately waiting to see his Naira. He couldn't ask them too. It would be awkward if he ask them directly. So he decided to ask the cute member Mishti. He was about to ask when Keerti interrupted.

Keerti "Naira kaha hai? Woh nahi aayi aaplogo ke saath?"

He sighed in relief! Finally someone asked about her.

Akshara "Usse boutique mein kuch kaam tha. Shaadi ke sherwani aur tumhari lehenga woh sab check karna tha. Toh isliye late hogayi. Baas aarahi hogi." She answered making Kartik face fell.

Keerti "But Naira abhi kyu gayi woh sab dekhne! Baad mein bhi toh jaa sakti thi."

Naksh "Maine bhi yehi kaha. But usse kaun samjhaye! Usse sabkuch perfect chahiye. Bohot ziddhi hai."

Keerti "Yeh ladki bhi nah."

Suwarna "Naira ajayegi. Aaplog andar aaiye." His mother said and everyone walked inside.

On the other side, Kartik got upset. Her presence was troubling his heart. Little did he know.

K "Bekar ke kaam karne chali gayi woh bhi akele. Mana ki Sherni hai lekin mujhe ekbaar keh toh sakti thi nah. Main chalta uske sath. Ab Main kya karu uske bina. Ek toh usse itna miss kar raha hoon. Meri Naira bhi na." He said, absent minded. Then his mind hit him mentally.

"Wait, maine kya kaha abhi. I am missing her. No..not Again! Aur "Meri Naira"! Yeh sab kya horaha hai mere saath. Aap mujhe pagal karke chodenge, hai na?" He asked looking over the sky.

It had been an hour, she didn't arrive.  Everyone was waiting for her to come. Kartik was getting restless.

Akshara "Naira ko bohot der hogayi. Naksh phone karke dekho kaha pahunchi."

Naksh "Maine phone kia tha. Uska phone switched off hai." He replied making Kartik tensed.

K "Naira kaha ho tum!" He said to himself,  dialing her number. But it was switched off.

"Pata nahi kaha hogi. Woh theek toh hogi nah. I should go to her. Main yaha shanti se nahi beth sakta." He excused himself from the gathering and went to find her.

He grabbed his car keys and was about to start when he saw a car approaching him from a little distance. He waited to see who was that. Then there she was! Kartik finally breathed a sigh of relief.

As soon as she got off the car, a strong arm pulled her angrily towards him. She gasped in shock by the action. It was him.

N "Kartik!"

K "Kaha thi tum! Kaha chali gayi thi tum? Sablog yaha pareshan horahe hai. Main pareshan horaha hoon. Aur tum ho ki! Kuch bol kyu nahi rahi? Jawab do kaha thi tum!" He just asked everything in one go, holding her shoulder tightly by both sides.