Math up Mix up

Pacifica POV 

"Uno! HA! I win!" Mabel screamed as she threw her arms into the air out of excitement. 

"Hey, I'm more of a croquet and golf kinda gal!" We had arrived at the Mystery Shack two hours prior and decided to play that game of Uno as we had planned before, she was winning... she had eight points... and I had one (I don't play Uno that much...). Tired of tasting defeat, I asked her if there was any other  game that we could play.

She put the cards away and brought out a huge board game with a telephone attached. "This game is amazing, it holds soo much nostalgia from when me, Candy and Grenda played it!" She said, showing it me. "Its called Calling All Boys: Preteen Edition." She unboxed the game and placed in between the both of us and handed me a die. "You roll and depending on what number you get, you'll talk to a certain boy!"

I rolled the die across the board making sure not to not knock any of our pieces. "It landed on four, also known as... Gary?" I noticed that where i had put my board-game piece had the name Gary on it.

"Oh, Gary's a good one!" Mable said handing me over a toy phone. "Gary is an anti-social artist who has a dangerous past that he has kept hidden for years, now you just have to pretend your talking to him." 

I took the phone from Mable's hand and put it to my hear. "Um, hello... Gary." I looked towards Mable to see her extravagant smile gleaming at me, happy that I was actually taking part in her game. "I heard that you were... going to a funeral in... Spain... for your cat... that... died..."

"Ok Pacifica, you don't have to play anymore."

"Really? Thank you, that was kinda difficult..."

"But you have to answer me one question." She leaned on close in front me and I backed away slightly scared. "Who do you have a crush on?"

Oh no. This was a BIG question, what should I say, if I admit that I like her would she feel the same the way or would she shut me out of her life like everyone else around me. "Errr, my crush is personal.." I tried to avoid the subject.

"Come on, you can tell me! At least give me some clues so I can guess."

"Um ok... They're thirteen, brown haired, adorable."

"Ok... Continue!"

"And they're leaving at the end of summer." It was obvious now. Mable was going to find out the big truth, was she going to hate me? I should've just kept my big mouth shut.

"Oh I see..." I tensed up my back and covered my face with my hands, this is it. "You like Dipper!" wait, WHAT!

I took my hands off my face an looked at Mable with pure confusion but decided to play along, she didn't know that I liked her and I didn't have to tell her yet.

"Yep, that's right! I have a crush... I have a crush on Dipper!"

Mable POV

I knew it.

I knew she didn't like me, was she using me to get close to Dipper this whole time? I was kind of disappointed about the situation but for some reason I still kind of liked her and didn't want her to be sad, so I decided to help in any way that I could. "Well, Dipper and I are going to be leaving at the end of summer so you should tell him soon. Actually, you should tell him today!"

"Oh um, I don't think today is the best day to tell him-" She said standing up and backing away.

"Then when else are you going to tell him? He's downstairs, I'll call him up. DIPPER!!! DIPPER COME UP HERE I BROKE MY ANKLE!!!" I screamed as I stood up with Pacifica.

A little less than ten seconds later I saw Dipper burst through the door, med kit in hand. "OH MY GOSH MABLE ARE YOU OK!?! I HAVE A MED KIT AND I'M READY TO- wait, you don't seem hurt... Mable did you lie AGAIN? I told you that your physical condition is no joke!"

"Yeah, Yeah whatever! Pacifica has something to tell you!" I said pushing her in front of me towards Dipper.

She stood there for a while, fiddling with her hands but then finally spoke. "Listen Dipper, since last year I... I have had strong feelings for you and I wanted to tell you so that I could get this huge weight off my chest."

We all stood there in silence for a while until Dipper spoke. "Wow... you really expected me to like you? After weeks of you practically torturing us?"

"Jeez Dipper calm down! She's changed, and she's been trying to make it up to us ever since we got here but you won't even give her a chance!" I said defending Pacifica by standing in front of her.

"Get your head out of the clouds Mable! She's been ACTING nice to us, but deep down I bet she's been thinking of us just like the way she thought of us when we first came here!"

"Oh stop acting like you're such a saint yourself Dipper! What did you ever do for me that would give me any reason to be nice to you?" Pacifica exclaimed almost pulling her hair out.

" I saved your ENTIRE MANSION from a revenge thirsty ghost! That's what I did for you to be nice to me! And Mable, I'm glad that you got to forgive her so fast but it's going to take a little while for me!" The room was drowned with screaming within a second into our argument. This was bad. All I wanted was for Pacifica to be happy, but instead I made her hate her crush."

Pacifica POV

The tension in the room was high and the arguing was constant. I didn't want to be there and for the first time in a long time, I wanted to go home. That's when the bedroom door burst open and Wendy came in. "What the heck is going on up here!?!" She separated us from each other to make herself known.

"Dipper's being mean for no reason!" Mable stated pointing her finger at him.

"I was being BRUTALLY HONEST!!! She's just mad because I don't I don't have a crush on Pacifica!" He flailed his arms around in the air.

"Wait Mable, don't you like Pacifica?" Wendy asked looking at Mable and that's when the whole room went silent. "Oops..."

I took a second to process what Wendy had just said, Mable... Likes me?... "Mable?" I placed my hand on her shoulder, but she shrugged it off and stormed out the room.

What the heck.