10°

Yooo!! This chapter is dedicated to abigailisek for constantly commenting "Update sis!!"😂❤️
So yeah thanks for making me feel good about this book. Really means a lot ❤️ I know you're surprised I'm shouting you out. Yh yh love you too😊 Y'all should check out her cover shop "Ashley's Cover Shop". Make sure you do!!!!

And also check out katmee6 for all her comments😭❤️ You guys check her out too and read her book "Not so bad". Also, She likes Ivandor, so I'm making this whole chapter in his point of view. Love you Siss!!!!

Okay so let's begin..

                                        ~Ivandor~

"Cous, you sure you're good?"

Krisdana asked me from the back seat of the car. She had been sitting there, the entire drive back home from school, watching videos on her phone with my little sister, Sharon.

It was a Tuesday afternoon so a lot may have been able to mess up my mood, especially since it was my responsibility to control the whole school during sports on days like Tuesdays and Thursdays, having that I was the Sports Prefect. The stress alone was something else.

I smiled a little at her concern.

"I'm good." I said to her, from the passengers seat where I sat. The driver glanced at me and continued on the steering. Even he, knew that was a lie.

Krisdana had been checking up on me since yesterday, before and after I had talked to Mr. Odum. It was typical of her to always want to make everyone at home happy. At the moment, she stayed with us - practically lived with us even, and no,  not because she was homeless or anything, but because her overly busy parents were constantly out of the country. They were almost never around and she only stayed at her own family home when her older brother came back from his University in South Africa. But most times, he wasn't around either, so we've gotten too used to Krisdana staying with us anyway.

"Sharon wanted to know." Krisdana smiled at me. I laughed a little, under my breath, as I looked at both of them at the backseat. My little sister, Sharon, looked so adorable in her school sport uniform. She was adorable at heart as well. And to be honest, she was one of the reasons I still had my sanity really. She was smiling at me with that same smile she had been having on her face since yesterday, when she started her first day in Castron High as a Jss1 student. You know that "first few days in Secondary School" euphoria every Nigerian child had.

"I'm good, Sharon." I assured her and she nodded.

I really wasn't... But Sharon wouldn't understand. She was just 11.

I kept thinking about how Mr. Odum was concerned yesterday about my dad. No matter how much he tried his best to cover the reason he was asking about him, I already knew. My dad was one of the sponsors for the Dynamis school Trip and he had been stalling the school for months.

It was funny because the school didn't even know the half of it. No one knew. Everyone knew my dad as the overly successful man who spent his money in billions. One year. It only took him one year, and my dad suddenly moved from being the middle class man, who had a model wife that earned more, to the stinking rich billionaire he was. Noone knew the source of his sudden wealth, not even me.

The money got him fame and well, he started to care more about all the praises, than the welfare of his family. He became too extravagant - buying excess houses he didn't need and filling up the house with dozens of cars he also didn't need, just to get people marvelling with awe. Yeah, that kind of nonsense.