29

I chuckled. "She's not pregnant doc."

The doctor had a serious look on his face. "She's five months along. Do you know who the father is?"

My eyes dropped down to her round belly. Why didn't I see that?

My thoughts went back 5 months. What happened five months ago? Did Ariel sleep with anyone else apart from me?

I took my phone out and went back 5 months on the calendar. The date landed around the time when we got stranded on the island. I froze as I tried thinking.

Irina walked in, seeing my confused face. "What's wrong?"

I looked at her, as she waited for an explanation. "She's pregnant." I said, not being able to believe my own words as Irina widened her eyes.

"Do you know anyone else she would have slept with?" I asked her, as she nodded her head.

"You were the only one." She replied and we both got engulfed in our thoughts.

Irina told Rocco and he gave me a look of sympathy.

I nodded my head in disbelief and paced around the room.

"Can the baby survive doc?" Rocco asked the doctor, and he twisted his face up with concern.

"I'm not exactly sure yet, we need to get some scans done at the hospital." The doctor replied.

The whole plane ride I sat next to Ariel, holding her hand. Watching as she peacefully slept. The doctor had to put her in an induced coma. I placed a peck on her bruised cheek, stroking it to see what those monsters did to her.

They hurt what was mine.

The plane finally landed and we wheeled Ariels bed into a special van. The three of us and Dr Gabriel hopped in, and told the driver to go directly to the hospital as fast as possible.

When we got to the hospital, they rushed Ariel into a room they wouldn't allow me in.

"I'm her fiancé." I growled at the nurse. She still wouldn't let me in and I waited outside, frustrated.

Dr Gabriel came out, holding a clipboard.

"Is she okay?" I stood up and asked. The doctor sighed.

"Take a seat sir." He said.

"No, tell me what is going on in there or I'll sue the whole hospital!" I yelled, before he took a deep breath and read his papers.

"She's in a critical condition. She has injuries to her ribs, and a severe concussion to her head. Her nose was broken, but we fixed it. It seems like she was well fed however, but that was the only thing keeping her alive. Her lungs are punctured, so we need to put her in a coma for about a week for her to recover. She has a 30% chance of survival, let's hope she wakes up from that coma."

"And the baby?" I asked with desperation.

"It's highly unlikely that the baby will survive. With Injuries like this, it's hard for the mother to survive let alone the baby. However, we'll try our best."

I grunted with frustration and ran my hands through my hair. She was carrying my child this whole time. They harmed Ariel and my child.

"But we are going to do a scan right now, please come with me." He said and I followed him into a room where Ariel lay, horrifying tubes going in and out of her. I looked at her beautiful baby bump.

A nurse got some gel and lifted Ariels gown up, exposing her baby bump even more. My eyes looked at her belly with love and protection.

She rubbed the gel on her belly and rolled a monitor over it. The screen lit up, and at first it looked like a blur, but my eyes darted towards the baby that moved inside of her. It was almost a full grown baby, and my heart started throbbing lovingly at the thought of her carrying my child.

But those bastards have ruined everything.

"Do you want to know the gender?" The nurse asked. I considered saying yes, but I didn't want to know without Ariel.

"No." I replied. The nurse printed out a photo of the baby and gave it to me before leaving me with Ariel.

Sat on the chair next to Ariel, gazing at the picture. That was my child.

Was is a boy or a girl? Who will it look like? Who's personality will it have?

But I didn't even know if the baby was going to survive, the doctor said it's highly unlikely.

I groaned and leaned back in my chair, still looking at the picture.

"Wow, it's beautiful." My head jumped towards Rocco and Irina standing next to me, looking at the picture. I handed them the photo as they studied it.

"Wow Ric, who knew you'd be a father one day." Rocco said.

"The doctor said it's highly unlikely that it'll survive." My tone showed disappointment and pain as they looked at me with pity. Rocco patted my back before they both leaned down to hug me.

I urged them to go home and get some rest, but they were reluctant. After begging them, they finally left.

Scanned my beautiful Ariel, trying to figure out who would hurt her.

I then realised that there were cameras on both sides of the yellow car. Surely Irina could get the data and we could see who took Ariel.

I sighed realising that she must be asleep. I whipped out my phone and phoned Luca.

"Yes boss?"

"Luca, the yellow Porsche we had that Ariel crashed had cameras on both sides. Do you think you can get the data and move it to my laptop?"

"Yes, it'll take a few hours but I can do it."

I shut my phone, finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel. I looked over at Ariel and placed my hand on her belly, feeling our child.

Her stomach was round, and you could clearly tell she was pregnant. I sighed as I felt nothing move in her belly, but still had hope that the baby would live through this.

I placed my head next to Ariel, my hand intertwined with hers, and dozed off.