F I V E

As I've said earlier, John is basically my older brother. My overprotective older brother. The lump in my throat has gone away but I don't dare break the silence that has surrounded us. John is holding the wheel so tight that his knuckles are white, and his once smiling face holds no emotion. We pull up to my apartment complex and John parks and gets out of the car heading inside the building. I open my door, hop out of his car and make my way to my apartment. When we reach my apartment John is now behind me as I open the door and walk in. John closes it then finally looks at me.

"Care to explain what happened back there?" He asks me while crossing his arms. I never thought I'd live to see the day John became so serious, it's honestly terrifying.

"That was my ex-boyfriend." I responded looking to the floor.

"You never told us about him." He says.

"Well it was a part of my life I would rather keep secret."

"Did he always treat you like that."

"Well not in the beginning, but once he realized what I did as a job he kinda got mad that I was spending more time with you guys than him."

"He never hurt you, right? Cause if he did I swear I'll..."

"Depends on what you mean, cause mentally yeah. Why do you think I took that little break a few months back. Physically, no, I made sure it never got to that point." After I said that John's look of concern was back on his face as he wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a bear hug.

"You should've said something." John says in a much softer tone than he was using earlier, while still holding me in his arms.

"Why? You guys couldn't really do anything." I say. John pulls me away at arms length.

"We could've tried." There was a pause, "How about this. You go put on some comfy clothes, I'll order and pick up IHOP, then we can sit and watch movies." He says, his usual smile popping back up.

"You really don't have to." I say.

"But I want to. You're basically my little sister, no one gets to make my sister feel down. So I'm gonna keep you happy. Now what do you want?" John then let's me go and gets his phone out. I tell him my order and he says it'll be done in a bit. We start goofing off and joking with each other. The atmosphere was completely different then the one that was around when we walked through my door. John got the notification that the food was ready so he left to go pick it up. Meanwhile, I went to my room and changed into sweats and one of my 'Damb' hoodies that I bought. The hoodie was oversized so I usually kept my hands in the sleeves so that they flop around. I walk out of my room and go to the living room to choose a movie. I decided on (F/M) and grabbed a pillow to cuddle with. Not two second later did John kick open my door, just like the other day, and startled me.

"I'm back bitch." John said while chuckling. I'm glad he wasn't mad anymore. Regular John is very comforting.

"Do you always have to kick down my door?" I say while getting up with a small smile on my face.

"Yes, yes I do. Here's your food dummy." John responds and hands me my food. We set our stuff down on the coffee table in front of my couch and eat.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

We finish the movie and John is already done with his food while I'm half way there.

"You're like a turtle. Very slow." John says as he gets up to throw away his trash.

"Am not. I was just distracted by the movie." I respond. My phone vibrates telling me I got a notification. I get my phone out of my sweatshirt pocket and see it's Jaren. My smile returns to my face.

"Oooo. Who's got you all smiley?" John teases.

"What are you talking about?" I say while opening my phone.

"You checked your phone and you automatically smiled, and since your not telling me I'm gonna assume you have a crush on whoever just texted you." John says walking over to me. Smii7y said he was done with recording. I told him to give me a sec cause John is, well, being John. I didn't feel Johns presence behind me so when he gasped right next to me I jumped.

"Does (Y/N) have a thing for our little milk bag?" He says the smile on his face growing more if it were even possible.

"No." I respond as I feel my cheeks heat up which is not helping my case.

"That's why you're wearing his merch!" He says pointing to my hoodie.

"No John, I don't like him like that. At least I don't think." I muttered that last part and he heard.

"You don't think? What does that mean?"

"It means I think there's a possibility that I do, but I'm not sure."

"Woah. My best friend likes my boyfriend."

"I'm not for sure yet."

"Ok, than how do we make you sure."

"I don't know?"

"Well we gotta figure this out somehow." Just then I get another notification. We both look at each other then I check my phone and it's Jaren once again. I got butterflies in my stomach but I think that might've been because John has pointed out that it seems I like Smii7y.

(A/N: bold will be texts between people from now on. Ok? Ok)

Milkman: Not to seem like a clingy bitch but I'm actually really bored. Call?

(Y/N): You're like a puppy. You need attention all the time.

Milkman: oh shut up you love me.

(Y/N): Are you sure about that?

Milkman: Shut up and call me

I didn't realize I was blushing until John poked my cheek.

"Is that a blush I see?" John teases.

"Shut up, no it isn't." I reply while putting my hands on my cheeks and squishing my face a bit.

"Ok. I totally believe you." John sarcastically says before chuckling and sitting on my couch.

"It's not I swear."

"Totally."