Snowflake Ball

Maddie had picked out the perfect dress to debut her newly single self.

Gossip girl had buzzed a lot over Thanksgiving break speculating Adrian and her's breakup but it was to be confirmed tonight at the ball.

Blair and Serena were the only two to be informed about. Maddie especially didn't want Chuck to know as he would probably say he told her so.

She would have told Nate but figured he was busy getting the house back in order after everything that went down with the FBI and his dad.

Maddie twirled in her dress one last time before heading to the ball.

"You look gorgeous" her dad said peeking through the doorway. "Are you sure you're okay to go out? It must have been hard finding out all of that stuff about Bart's and I's dealings" her father said.

"I'm fine actually. Adrian just wasn't meant to be" Maddie said smiling.

Her father walked away not wanting to discuss anything in detail. After Adrian and her had split she had brought the folder to her dad's attention.

Maddie had learned he knew about it, and had agreed to it insuring it would bring Maddie's safety.

Maddie and her father late that night decided to never discuss the contents of the folder in detail every again. Both for her and his sanity and to keep the secrets they both had secrets from each other.

She slowly walked down the stairs her hand clutching the handrail while the other held some of the dress off the floor.

She was wearing a white shimmery long dress, perfect for the theme. Her hair was tied back into a somewhat loose but elegant bun with some strands and curls sticking out.

"Have fun" her father said once more, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

She smiled and headed to the elevator. The elevator ride down from the penthouse to the town car that had be waiting outside Maddie contemplated going.

She pushed away any disapproving thoughts and hopped in the car.

A short car ride later Maddie had arrived at the venue. She walked in to find everyone either dancing or talking.

She stood by the entrance unsure of her next move when Dan Humphrey came and stood next to her.

"You know I'm going to be honest your the last person I want to see"

"I heard what happened. I'm sorry" Dan said.

"Ah, you of all people. Thank you. You know I think my "friends" were jealous to begin with and that's why none of them have made sure I was okay. Figured what better way to say I'm okay than to come to the this pathetic ball" Maddie said with sarcasm.

She was extremely mad still at Dan after that stunt he pulled.

Dan looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"I didn't pin you as this type"

"Oh you thought I was the snobby, party loving upper east sider? I was once that but what's the point now? People just see a poor innocent rich girl caught up in her dad's business affair. Why not show them something new" Maddie explained. "You know Humphrey I didn't pin you as this type either. You the showing up to these events to keep an eye on Serena"

Dan looked slightly embarrassed.

"She's right there. Standing alone. Go ask her to dance" Maddie said nudging Dan towards Serena while she walked the opposite way hoping to find some other source of entertainment for the night.

Heading outside for some fresh air Maddie ran into Chuck had just finished up a call.

"Get down here now" Chuck said before clicking the phone closed.

Maddie was about to turn around to avoid Chuck but was already caught.

"Maddie you look- amazing" Chuck said.

"Thank you. Look I don't know if your dad told you about Dan but-"

"His little writing won't be happening.  I took care of it. He was snooping around my and your father's business" Chuck said.

"Will you dance with me?" Chuck asked.

"I don't think that's a good idea" Maddie mumbled.

"Your ex-boyfriend still isn't holding you back is he?" Chuck asked. Maddie was unsure of how Chuck knew Adrian wasn't fond of him.

"One dance" Maddie said linking arms with him. The two swayed to the music and in that moment Maddie couldn't help but feel like her and a Chuck were the only one's.

"Charles" Lily cried a minute alter breaking Maddie's trance. She looked upset.

"Your father was in an accident" she said. Chuck looked at Maddie before rushing off with Lily and Serena.

Just as they rushed out the spot light revealed a very see through dress that Vanessa was wearing. Maddie could see Nate looking mad and Jenny looking remorseful.

Vanessa ran off extremely embarrassed.