two.

"We gon see you soon, Coco

"We gon see you soon, Coco. Keep yo' head up, aight?" Brix sighed, as he and Grim sat across from Corinne, or Kilo. She and Grim—Cordell were twins. She'd been locked up since the three of them were 19, and today, June 10th—was the twins 21st birthday.

"Yeah," she smiled sadly, feeling her nose burn, looking at her twin brother. "I love you, pop," she sniffed, wiping under her eye. "Happy birthday,"

"Happy birthday, mamas. I love you too," he smiled as big as he could, laying his palm flat on the plastic separating them, her doing the same with her much smaller hand, letting a tear drop. He was so tired of that plastic, he wanted her here, beside him.

Watching this part never got easier for Brix. To see his best friends hearts shatter every time they had to leave each other.

"Happy birthday Coco, I love you, aight?" he spoke.

"Thank you, Tahj. I guess I love you too," she joked, making him chuckle genuinely. "Be good y'all. Don't act fuckin' stupid, Slim can't clean up all y'all mess,"

"She'a be straight," Grim waved her off playfully and they all shared a laugh.

"Tell em I miss em'—Nino and Slim. Tell Nino stop bein a asshole when I call," she chuckled.

"I gotchu, sis," Brix nodded, face returning to his straight mug. "If anybody—"

"Brix, I know. Don't worry 'bout me. I could handle me, y'all worry bout you," she stopped him mid sentence, knowing he was about to preach about telling them if anything happened to her. She hated it because they held no power here like they did outside. People were scared of these two on the outside. In here their threats meant nothing.

She was just like everybody else behind those bars, brothers or not. They refused to realize it.

"Stop talkin' like dat' Aqiyla, fuck," Grim rolled his eyes.

"Stop tellin' me what ta' do! Ima do what I gotta do in hea', Armon," she fussed back. Before he could fuss again, Brix hit his leg. It was their birthday and they wanted to stay argument free—at least today.

"Aight, Cori. Just be safe,"

"I always am," she flashed a million watt smile, making him shake his head.