three.

"Sev, shut yo short ass up, mane," Brix complained

"You shut your long skinny ass up, nigga! Always stealin' my damn boyfriend with yall ugly asses," she rolled her eyes as Grim came downstairs.

"Girl, gimme a damn kiss so I can go," Grim chuckled, pulling her to him. She let him kiss all over her face and peck her lips repeatedly, because that's really all she wanted. "I love you, Sevyn,"

"I love you," she smiled slightly. "Be safe aight? You too Yasir,"

"Always," he nodded. He and Sev fussed and snapped at each other all the time but if it came down to it, she knew he'd drop bodies on her behalf.

Once he and Grim got in the car, Nino called as if on cue.

"What?" Brix answered.

"Angry ass nigga, I can't get no hi?"

"Nigga what do you want?" he chuckled.

"One of these lil niggas got fuckin robbed, all his shit. He say somebody ran up on him, he was gon shoot but the nigga put a gun ta' his head," he sighed, making Brix raise his eyebrows.

"Whea' he was at?" Grim asked.

"Roun' the sto' Ms. Delores run, you know? Right up the street," he explained. They weren't far from there, coincidentally, so they decided to ride past there to see what the issue was. Nobody was ever really bold enough to steal from Brix or anybody that worked for him.

"Aight, we'a be aroun' thea'. Ask him what that nigga looked like, text me. Tell Slim get that room ready fa' whoeva' we bring," he instructed, hanging up the phone. They weren't in the business of torturing people, or anything like that. They were simply too smart to kill people on the street.

As they rode over, they rode past the library and Brix saw a very familiar face, making him slow the car down. This was his fourth time seeing this girl in a month, and he found it strange because he never saw her around before. He didn't know where she came from but he was intrigued.

Every time he saw her, she was in her own world and if she did notice him, she wouldn't say a word. The last time he heard her speak was the first time he saw her.

"Nigga why is you stopping? At the library? You don't read," Grim said.

"Shut the fuck up," he chuckled. "You see ha'?" he nodded his head in Na'imah's direction, and he looked over at her, seeing her cross legged on the bench, reading a huge book, some crawfish nachos by her side.

"Yeah what about ha'? Ain't that—that's that hostess from my dinner?"

"Yeah," he nodded, watching her. She didn't even notice that they slowed down a few feet away from her. "Scuse me!" he called, making her eyes snap up in his direction. "Yeah you, come hea'" he waved her over.