Chapter 8, vegan milk doesnt make a morning person.

ADORA'S POV

I'm my dreams, all I see are their faces. Faces I'll never see again. That I don't deserve to see again. No matter what do or say, I always have to leave.

My dreams are plagued with nightmares. Seeing my mother's beautiful face,shredded and entire parts... discarded.

Her glazed eyes telling me to get help. Her smooth voice telling me she's proud of me. Her ragged breath getting softer and softer until the flames roared louder than her screams.

She was telling how she didn't wanna die. How she wanted to see her daughter grow up. How she wanted to take my first movie. She was bargaining, and she lost.

It's was a dark day. It was only 10 minutes since the crash until someone called the police. My mother was gone. I hated her screams of agony, but it was worse when they stopped. When she stopped fighting.

I remember people arms around me pulling me away from the car.

I almost had her.

I'm used to leaving people behind, when my father was alive, he made sure to remind me of it.

Every. Single. Day

 That's why I have to step up, because no one else will. She would be alive if I tried a little harder to get her out.

I just want the nightmare to be over.

Catra's POV

I woke up a few hours early and made pancakes for Lonnie, Kyle, Rogelio, and Adora. I put them in a tray and slipped them in the oven to keep warm, as cold pancakes would be gross.

I actually prefer my pancakes dry and cold, but I had a sinking suspicion no one else did. I then started frying some bacon. I really don't like it, but I know that Lonnie and Rogelio will appreciate it.

 Shadow Weaver came downstairs and gave me a look of disgust and started back up the stairs.

"Ms. Weaver...can you let me wake Adora up?" I looked up to meet her gaze,"She might be confused since she was asleep when she got here."

  "Of course Catra, you're her new pet after all, it wouldn't be my place," She grimaced before continuing. "Just know I hate you with all my heart. You will only slow her down and make her weak. It's only a matter of time before she feels the same as I," she hissed, shoving me out of her way.

I fell back, My hand landing on a hot burner. I moved it as quickly as I could, wanting to cry out but I couldn't. I didn't make a sound. I could have Weaver think she won.

I shivered and turned away, holding my hand to my chest.  Her slow methodical foot steps to up the stairs. Then her hollow and fake voice wake up my housemates. It was sickly sweet and toxic. I gritted my teeth in a boiling up rage I could never release. I ran my hand under some cool water and bandaged it up quickly.

Guess I'm wearing gloves to school.

I finished frying the bacon and decided to write a note. I wanted to make sure everyone got some since I spent so long to prepare.

     Food is in the oven, you can have 3, maximum. Talking to you Rogelio.

I climbed the stairs to my room and cracked open the door. I was met with Adora sprawled out and shaking. I leaned over her and poked her between the eyes. She opened her eyes and sliver, paused, then sighed with relief.

ADORA'S POV

I woke from my night terror to see smiling at me. Her eyes where blood shot, and she had dark bags under her eyes.

     Wait? Catra?! Why is she here?! Why am I here? Where is here?

I glanced around, realizing I'm still in her house. I sat up and looked around her room. I was tired, and my memory was foggy, but I don't remember saying I'd spend the night. She noticed my confusion and chuckled.

"You fell asleep on the drive back from taco bell, I couldn't make you drive home in the state youweree i. You would have probably crashed knowing how clumsy you are. Not to mention, I couldn't even wake you up even if I tried. So you stayed the night here," She smiled and pushed a hair out of my face, "I made food, so you might wanna get some before it's gone, you can't trust Rogelio around pancakes." She chuckled and offered me a hand up. I took it, and she pulled me up.

      We walked down the stairs amd were met with the image of  Lonnie eating her pancakes. She was chomping aggressively and confused.

"Why is Shadow Weaver so nice thi-" she looked at Adora,"Hey Adora....wait Adora?! When did you get here? I mean, at least that explains Shadow Weaver's mood."

She took another bite of her pancakes and took a sip of her normal milk. It was funny to think that this was Catra's family. They really were like siblings.

"She was my partner for a project, and she was too tired to drive home, so I made her crash here."

"Didn't know you two were dating. It's only been 4 days." Lonnie laughed and darted out of the room before Catra could catch her.

"Fuck you too, yeah?! And your welcome for breakfast " Catra yelled. She was using an angry venomous voice I hasn't heard before. She was also a shade of red I hadn't ever seen before. I dunno if it was from embarrassment or anger, but she was red alright.

She grabbed two plates and 6 pancakes.  Four mine and two hers. I looked up at her and she furrowed her brows and glared at me.

     "What?" She snapped," Are you hungry or not ? I usually don't eat much anyway." She angrily stuffed half of a pancake in her mouth and got up.

"Your a child a swear" I giggled as she got down cups.

"Milk, milk or water."

"Milk, not your vegan stuff." I smiled at her as she poured it.

She sat down the heavy glass and turned her attention back to her pancakes. She was eating them dry, but never mind that, She ate them so fast. You'd think she was starving. I stared at her in astonishment, but she glared at me and I just went back to covering my pancakes in syrup. She started washing everyone's dishes, still agitated and annoyed.

She was wearing the same stuff as yesterday. Same revealing crop top. I could see her back this time. It was in the same condition, actually worse, than her stomach was. I stared at her as I  finished my food.

       Maybe I could help.

"The shower is down the hall from my room, you can keep my clothes since you don't have anything else to wear."

Catra snapped around, putting her back against the sink. She had dish soap up to her elbows and was staring at the ild floor.

" Stop staring at my back God Damnit.... Just shower. I already did, then we can leave," she growled.

She never once looked at me. She turned back around like nothing happened and just kept washing. I wanted to say something. I wanted to make it better. I wanted to say or do anything but I turned and left. Just like I always do.

What is up my guys, the hope this wasn't too boring. Ooh I also was gonna post some of the concept art for the characters soon.