Travelling

We were back in Earth. The sun was up, plants were alive and there were clocks everywhere. I loved this place. Too bad it was only temporary.

God had planned for us to travel as quickly as possible through Earth and back to Heaven, hopefully within a day. It was already almost evening though, and I figured that we would have to stop in a hotel for a night.

In the afterlife, money becomes the least important thing. For instance, in Hell, a world full money lovers, not one asked me for a bank note. They don't care about money. They only care about themselves and why they had to be there.

This meant though, that we had no money. I rejected my usual method of gaining cash, but after noticing that God would rather starve than steal, I revoked.

Telling them I was going to a bank, where I had some money stored, I made my way downtown to find my ally. He normally hung around by the biggest bridge with a bunch of drug addicts, which was where I found him today. He had been spending the majority of the last month here, waiting for a victim, lured in by te promise of a salt so powerful they would live a life full of joy.

"Thana! How good to see you again!" He called. I knew it was an act for him to meet Satan so he could live in a fancy castle. "What can I do for you today?"

"I need money."

"Sure! Anything for you! How much will it be then? Five pounds? Ten?"

"Four hundred." I stated coldly, not in the mood for his happy voice. Truthfully, I knew we could make it to Heaven for just over a hundred, but I guess I have always been in the mood for testing my ally. Heclaims to be the best hunter in the whole state of America, before he crossed over to English territory, where he picked up the accent to fit in. Hunters did indeed try to hunt Demons, like myself, I guess. Sometimes the worst of the souls excape from Hell by crawling back up the river, and it the Hunters job to prevent them from trying to exchange thier soul with a human.

"Thana! Are you running away or something? That's an awful lot you know!"

"I know." I felt The temperature drop as my anger levels began to rise. My temper was rather irritable today.

"So why do you need it?"

"I'm leaving with a friend for a while. I need money. Now." I started to sound demanding, and watched the other people back away from him.

"Do I need to tell Daddy that his daughter is running away?" He cooed at me and I felt myself snap. My eyes darkened, my hair flooded with the colour red, the wind picked up and blackness began to envelop us.

Just before I felt myself lunge forwards to snap his neck and send him to hell, Julian stepped frwards from nowhere and landed a punch straight into his face, rendering him unconscious. He slumped to the ground, where I could see our little audience of crack dealers staring. It was difficult to tell if they were ocncerned or too far gone in thier own misery.

"He was making you angry." Julian forced words through gritted teeth as I felt the bond pulling us together. It seemed stronger.

"I'm fine." I reached down an grabbed a bunch of notes out of his jacket. Approximatly the amount I had asked for. "Let's go."