CHAPTER 13

'What the fuck, man?' That old creep yells as he get ripped away from me. I stumble backwards and somehow find balance. My head spins but I manage to stand.

Caden throws a punch at his nose.

'We were only dancing. What's your problem?' He tries to block it feebly.

'Of course. You weren't mauling her, fucker.' He throws another punch, making that guy falling on the floor.

I hear a crack. His nose must have been broken.

'That bitch was asking for it.' This makes him get punched again repeatedly.

A small crowd gathers around us, enjoying the show. I stand there, shell shocked, frozen in fear, processing what happened.

Two guards run here to stop the fighting but stop when they see Caden.

'You're mad. Someone stop him.' He gargles, spitting saliva. 'I'm a respected memeber here.' He blocks him again unsuccessfully. 'I'll make you rot in jail. Who the fuck-' He tries to get away. 'are you?'

Why are they not stopping him? He will kill him! Even though, that pervert deserves every single one of it.

The owner of the club with whom Fred, Lana's current boyfriend is friends with, comes down here to investigate what all the commotion is about. 'Stop it or I'll be forced to escort you out.' He says to Caden authoritatively. He turns towards the guards. 'Call the cops.'

Thankfully Caden stops after a few more punches. 'That'll make you remember the next time if you dare to try again.' He gets up, dusting his hands off.

The club owner's whole demeanour changes upon seeing him. 'Mr. Davis?' He shutters. 'I'm sorry, I didn't know you'd be here today.'

'It was a rash decision.' Caden rolls down his shirt sleeves. 'Who let him have the membership here, Mark? I thought, it was pretty exclusive?' He looks so collected, like he did not just hit a person. But his eyes. They are blazing.

'Who?' He looks at the beaten man down on the floor and then at my shaking figure. He widens his eyes as he finally connects the dots. 'Mr. Anchor.'

'Well, escort this Anchor out of this club and make sure to seize his membership card. I'm sure, you don't want the drama leaked out to the press.'

'Of course.' He comes towards me. 'I'm so sorry, ma'am. I'm taking full responsibility as it happened in my club. I hope, you're ok.'

'I'm-' I force myself to calm down. 'good. Thanks.'

'You can't do that. I'm a reputed man.' Comes a weak growl. 'Take me to a hospital and stop this nonsense. That mad man tried to kill me. You're all mad. I'm pressing charges on all of you.'

'Get your lawyers ready.' Caden calmly replies. 'Cause I'm sure the court would have something to say about the CCTV footage and also you have a wife, yes? She'd love to see that too.'

That shuts him up.

Those guards carry him away despite his weak protests. 'You can't do that. You'll regret ever crossing me. You hear me? You'll-'

Slowly the crowd starts to disperse as they lose interest.

'You need to ice your wrist. It could be broken.' Caden stands a few feet away from me.

In the midst of all the drama and at the shock that Caden of all the people is helping me out, I totally forgot about my wrist. I look at it and see it has turned blue. I try to move my hand and wince in pain. 'It's ok. I'll just find my friends and go home.' I decline.