Haywire

Katherine came out of the bathroom after taking a shower and wore a dark red blouse with her leather jacket over it and cream colored pants before rubbing  her wet hair with a towel   as Alec entered the room ''Hey.'' he smiled and  wrapped his arm around her waist as he  pressed a kiss on  her lips.

''Hi.'' she chuckled and looked at him ''You look happy.'' Alec raised his eyebrows ''I am always happy.'' he pulled her closer and Katherine again chuckled before noticing the tension in his muscles. ''Alec.'' she caressed his cheek and he leaned in the touch ''What's wrong?''

Alec sighed and looked into her blue eyes that had a hint of green in them and those eyes  always managed to make him drown in them, they  also every time looked deep inside his soul. ''You remember yesterday when the warlocks hadn't been able to control their powers?''

Katherine blinked in thought and nodded her head ''Yeah, what about that?''

''Well Magnus called you but since you were in the shower, he then called me and told that the ley line under Lorenzo's mansion have been corrupted on purpose, and Lorenzo blames him.'' Alec explained and she raised her eyebrows in shock and anger  ''Magnus would never do that .What I don't understand is that who did?'' Katherine asked in confusion

''Yeah well, that's what we have to find out.'' Alec pressed a kiss to the corner of her mouth and blinked before leaning in.It took her a few seconds to realize that he was sniffing her hair ''Like the scent?'' she chuckled.

''Yeah, new shampoo?''

''A mix of Indian sandalwood, Magnus brews his own shampoo.'' Katherine said as she wore her boots ''Well if he has time, ask Magnus if he can brew me one bottle too.''

~*~*~*~*~*~

''Magnus's father is Asmodeus. Wow.'' Alec blinked at the information as he and Katherine  walked towards the main door of Lorenzo's mansion, their plan was to distract him while Magnus would study the corrupted ley line.

''Tell me about it.'' she sighed and knocked on the door which opened up seconds later, reliving Lorenzo who was standing at the entrance, his arms crossed against his chest and a stern expression on his face that made Katherine bite her lip in order to stop the laugh.

Alec had the same expression as his fiancee as the high warlock looked between them ''Señor y Señora Lightwood.'' 

Katherine tsked but didn't correct Lorenzo, after all she was going to be Mrs Lightwood soon enough. ''I suppose the two of you are here to defend Magnus Bane?'' she shared a look with Alec at that and both mentally snorted before looking back at Lorenzo ''No, actually, we're here to defend you...'' he didn't look convinced, that much the two could tell

''As head of the New York Institute, it is my and my fiancee's job to keep you safe.'' Alec added ''What if I can prove that Magnus is involved?'' Lorenzo looked at Katherine who kept her face blank of all emotions, even though she wanted to punch his face ''Seems like you have a conflict of interest, no?''

''No, and our interest is in stopping the person who has corrupted your ley lines.'' Katherine said with a false smile and Alec stepped closer to her ''You have our word.''

''Not a very loyal daughter, are you?'' you have no idea how wrong you are Alec thought as Katherine simply clenched her jaw, knowing that if she opened it, she'd curse Lorenzo to the end of world, her fiancee saw that and brushed past his knuckles against her's in a comforting manner.

''We believe in justice, Mr Rey.'' Alec said and relaxed when the warlock moved his eyes away from Katherine ''Now if you don't mind, me and my fiancee would like to come in and take an official statement.''