Chapter 19: Explosions

#305

Ever felt a surge of the overwhelming feeling that you feel like you might explode into a million pieces?
Might have been stress or tension or perhaps so much love that your little heart found it tedious to handle?
These days I feel like my heart is pumping harder than it should, and I have absolutely no idea why.

~ Aavya, penning her vague thoughts after an intense day.

❋❋❋

Ayan felt like his head would explode. He was swamped with work. So much of it lately. He forgot when was the last time he took a break to watch a good movie. Since Aman was back he had not breathed a moment's peace. He was still in his office going through the last of the contracts. Aman had left his personal documents and partnership papers in his expert care. He had to since Ayan was handling all of the financial aspects of the restaurants. 

He needed few papers signed by Aman but from the last couple of days, he wasn't able to get hold of him. What surprised him the most was that he didn't even revert to his calls and messages. He was about to check in to Aman's office although he was pretty sure he won't be there but then why not give it a try. He made a mental note of needing to get out for some respite even if it was for a while. Just as he was about to gather the papers something slipped through Aman's files.

He picked it up but before he could read it he heard his door open.

" Hey!! Can you not be so busy all the time? I'm getting a feeling that Aman has hired you to be his errand boy."

" Shut up Zee! It is for the company..."

" Yea... Yea. I know all your reasons. But deep down I also know that you love your clearly an ass brother very much. You would do anything for him. " He said sitting on the edge of his desk.

" That is probably not true but I won't deny it. " He beamed putting the paper in the file again.

" What are you doing here? " He asked.

" Hmmm... I thought why not take the evening off and get ourselves some treat..."

" There is no way I'm going to the gym or the track with you. Not now, not today... Not anytime soon..."

" Hey... Relax..." Zeehan burst into fits of laughs.

" I'm not so cruel. Please. Looking at your face anyone will be able to tell that you definitely need to have some time off and since your dearest brother won't cut you some slack I'm here to your rescue... " Ayan mysteriously eyed him. He had a hard time believing this guy.

" Also... Ansh Uncle insisted I take you out, twice in a conversation. That means something. "

" Not you're getting to the point. "

" And I got a call from Aunty Ahana too... "

" What? Why... " Ayan had no words, he was clearly touched by the concern his parents had, and at the same time, he thought they need a life.

" So I had to see for myself and I would agree they are very much correct to worry. You look so weary. Let's go to a spa and then treat ourselves with some exquisite dinner." He spoke jauntily.

" Ha! Spa? Really?" Ayan had to laugh.

" You won't believe it. I know this amazing place. All your stress... Poof, gone in an hour. C'mon... I need it too... " Ayan raised his eyebrows as Zee was the last person to be stressed.

" Okay. You need it. Plus, Kyle is still out of the game, Aavya is in a bubble with her own things, I'm not calling Aman for sure, and for the same reasons Rose is out. Kyra is occupied with work. So it is you and I. I'm not taking a no for an answer."