1: After All These Years

Woo! This oneshot collection has officially begun! Hope you will all enjoy it!

Those who know me will also know that just sometimes I'll write long ones... and this is a long one... but I hope you enjoy!

Quirk: Hydrokinesis

 Shoto and I attended the same middle school, and throughout that time we became close friends, or as close a friend as you could get to Shoto Todoroki. He would speak to me and hold conversations with me which was more then what could be said about him with our other classmates. Throughout our time there I slowly began developing a crush on him, but I tried to tell myself that I hadn't because of three reasons: 1, he'd never accept, 2, all the girls in the school fawned over him (which irritated me non stop) and 3, I was too plain. I had simple (natural h/c) that'd always be messy and would never do as it was told, I was neither slim nor big, and everything about me was boring. I had no standout feature, no big interests or hobbies, yet Todoroki did still talk to me.

"Congratulations Todoroki! I heard you got into UA on recommendations, that's awesome!" I said to him one day before class.

"There's still tests I need to go through, but yeah," he said as he sat at his desk.

"Well still, it's very impressive," I complimented.

"Hm... where are you going?" He asked.

"Just to to the high school down the road, I'm not trying to be a hero, I don't think I'd make it," I admitted, rubbing the back of my head. Todoroki however just sat there, acknowledging what I had said. "E-erm, listen Todoroki, can I- can I talk to you over lunch break?"

"Yeah, sure," he said with a nod. I tried to tell myself that this was it, that I had to tell him today before he went off to UA and as it was the last week of term, my time was running out. Lunch time arrived quicker then I had liked, and I realised I hadn't even properly prepared how I was going to tell him. "Ready?" His voice made me jump as he was standing next to my desk.

"Y-yes! Let's go to the roof," I mumbled, quietly walking ahead of him. When we reached the roof, thankfully no one else was there, after all I knew I wouldn't be able to confess if I had an audience.

"So, what did you want to say?" He asked in his stoic voice.

"Right... well, Todoroki, in a weeks time we would have finished middle school, and as we're both going to different high schools I wanted to say that- that- I'll miss you," I mumbled, thinking that was a decent start. His eyes widened a bit in surprise as he stared at me, and I carried on. "You see, over the past few months I- I- well, I may h-have been developing feelings for you... a-as in romantic feelings..." I was looking down at my feet nervously, twiddling with my fingers, my heart beating rapidly and waiting for his response. Bravely I managed to glance up at him, and I saw his cheeks slightly red and his eyes were even wider.

Quickly I looked back down, my heartbeat excelling rapidly. "I can't," came his voice. My heart broke. I looked up and saw he was looking down at the ground, refusing to make eye contact with me. "I can't," he said again.

"B-but-," before I could say anything else however, he had walked back inside and down the steps leading towards the rest of the school. I couldn't help but cry a little on the rooftop, not wanting middle school to end this way. During the rest of the week Todoroki avoided me, which saddened me even more.

In fact, since that day I hadn't had any contact with him. I went all through high school without hearing from him, although admittedly I didn't try to get in contact with him either. I thought about it many times, wondering what it would be like to catch up with him but I always thought back to our last conversation, my confession, and decided against it. Yet still I watched him as the Sports Festival was aired and cheered for him. Over time my mind slowly forgot about the friendship we used to have, despite seeing him on the news occasionally. He became someone I used to know.