Chapter 41 |A billion dollars and kheer|

As she came back and stepped in the dining room, she saw the state of shock still present on their faces.

What? Can't I even have boyfriends now? Is there still a stigma towards it in your oh so spiritual mindsets? Too bad y'all can't judge for me anymore! She smirked, mocking them inwardly.

"Arrey aap sab abhi tak aisay hi bethey hain!" she asked surprised, "please have some" she passed the food around. (Oh, your still sitting like before)

For a few minutes only the sounds of the cutlery's clattering were being heard.

"Uhhh khooshi bitya, ou sach may tumra baifriend hai kaa?" Manorma's shock and curiosity held no bounds. (Khushi, is he really your boyfriend?)

"Ji haan, wo mera boyfriend hai" she answered, assuage clear in her voice. (Yes, he is indeed my boyfriend)

Arnav who was coming back after trying to compose himself together, heard that sentence from her mouth and it sent jarred emotions down his spine. He could feel his heart shatter for the hundredth time in a row.

Nani who though was greatly shocked, still decided to support khushi. She wanted to vision this girl being happy even if it meant her grandson's heartbreak. This was a very complicated situation and no matter how much she wanted to see her Chotte together with Khushi, she knew the pain Arnav had caused her, the pain they together caused her.

Putting her thoughts aside she compressed her lips in a smile.

"Hum apkay liye khush hain Khushi bitya, apka pura haq banta hai apni khushi pay aur agr aap inkay saath khush hai toh hum bhi aapke liye bohat Khush hai" the matriarch of the Raizada family expressed. (I'm happy for you Khushi dear, you have all the rights to be happy and if this makes you feel that way, I'm happy that it does)

That certain statement Devyani had stated caused everyone to reconsider their feelings and opinions. They still knew how much they all had wronged this harmless, guile girl and even after her forgiveness they were well aware that she hadn't forgiven them fully yet which was exactly what they deserved. They all had seen and sensed the distance she still maintained with them. Khushi still hadn't addressed them by their names or other relations as she did before, she'd always use the word 'you' or just wouldn't name them while answering back. That hurt, it was sad but they knew they deserved it. And now by questioning anything she did would for sure anger her and they knew for a fact that they didn't hold such a strong relation to give their opinions to this girl.

Though their hearts bled for Arnav, they knew if it was meant to be, they'd always find a way back to each other, at the end of the tunnel where the light shone brightly.

Khushi smiled in return at the old lady.

"So what do you guys think about authentic Arab food? I hope it was good" Khushi diverted the topic.

She'd mostly opted for the vegetarian dishes and substituted some ingredients that weren't. But there were still a few with chicken in them.

"I love the dolmas and the tabbouleh" Payal answered.

"This tastes a lot like our Indian curry. What's it called?" Anjali asked, tasting what looked like to be a chicken curry.

"Yes it does taste quite like Indian curry. It's called Quwarmah Al Dajaj" Khushi explained.

Advay who was gone made an appearance. Taking a seat next to Khushi.

"So, how are you guys? Laila told me that you've recently shifted here" he asked, making a conversation in English.

Payal took it upon herself and answered back, knowing that he wasn't fluent in Hindi.

"Tumra naam kaa bataya tha tumne?" manorma asked. (What did you say your name was?)