Chapter Fifty

As usual platform 9 and 3/4 at King's Cross Station was buzzing with excitement as students bid their parents' goodbye and were reunited with friends. Cassiopeia was alone as she entered the platform. She had said goodbye to her sister at her house as she didn't want any harm to come to the Tonks family. Her hands shook as she searched the platform for her friends. She was unsure about how people were going to act around her after her disappearance over the summer.

"Cassie!" Modesty shouted as she ran over to her friend but abruptly stopped when she saw her badge, "You are the head girl now?"

Cassiopeia nodded her head as she smiled at the girl, "Yeah, it appears so."

"Does that mean we can do whatever the heck we want?" Bertie asked as he wrapped his arm around her, "I've got to say I have missed you."

Modesty rolled her eyes, "Congratulations Cassie. I'm going to miss you in the dormitory."

"You won't be losing me though," Cassiopeia replied as the two hugged, "I'm just going to be busier now."

"I plan on studying the whole of this year," Modesty said causing Bertie to groan loudly, "You will be revising with me too, Nott!"

Cassiopeia was suddenly grateful for her two friends as she realised that because they were not supporters of the Dark Lord they did not care that she had run away from home. Instead, they were happy she was safe. 

As she stepped onto the train, she glanced over her shoulder and caught the cold eyes of Lestrange. He had been watching her like a hawk and his glare deepened as she looked at him. Cassiopeia knew he was not going to be happy that she had ruined his plans and made him look like a fool in front of the Dark Lord but she had at least hoped it wouldn't be so soon until she had to see him. 

With a shake of her head, Cassiopeia made her way down to the prefect carriage which was empty. She was worried about how they were all going to act as she hadn't been a prefect beforehand. The first person to enter the carriage after she was Lily Evans - the girl looked surprised when she first caught sight of Cassiopeia but as she sat down she said, "I was shocked you hadn't been made a prefect, so it makes sense you are now head girl."

"Not upset you aren't head girl?" Cassiopeia asked her carefully.

Evans shrugged, "Not really. I didn't think I would be."

The carriage slowly filled up and Cassiopeia smiled as Remus walked in. His grin in response was wider as he told her, "Oh, this is going to be brilliant."

"Why?" Cassiopeia asked him as he sat down beside Evans. 

"Just you wait and see," Remus replied as he and Evans shared a look. 

As the train pulled out of the station, Cassiopeia looked around and realised everyone, other than the head boy had arrived - she was ready to go berserk when he finally arrived. That was until James Potter strolled into the room, his hand already running through his hair as he smirked at Cassiopeia. All thoughts about shouting at the head boy flew out her mind as she smirked back at the boy. "Well, if this isn't a surprise, Cass."

Cassiopeia raised her eyebrow, "Dumbledore's finally lost it. Why would he make you head boy, sure you haven't stolen the badge from Remus?"

Rosier then moaned out, "Can you two stop flirting and get on with the stupid little speech so we can all leave?"

She turned to the Slytherin boy and was surprised that he wasn't glaring at her, "Remember we are now the head girl and boy. Have some manners."

He raised his eyebrows before saying, "You didn't even say goodbye to your parents so don't talk to me about manners."

Cassiopeia laughed, "Oh but I did, they just didn't realise I was saying goodbye for forever."

James smirked at Rosier as he walked over to Cassiopeia and perched on the arm to her chair, "Right let's get on with this then. Congratulations to the fifth years who have been made prefects. Cassiopeia will sort you out into pairs," Cassiopeia glared up at the boy, "The rest of you will remain in the pairs you have already been sorted in."

Rosier groaned, "Please no."

"You got a problem with Lily?" James asked him harshly.

"Of course I have. She's a muggle."

James glared at him, "If you are in any way mean to her you will no longer be a prefect, understood?"

Cassiopeia cleared her throat, "I have here the roster for when you will all be patrolling. After every patrol come to see one of us just to let us know how you got on. If you have any worries or anything you reckon will help improve Hogwarts tell us, we will gladly listen to you."

"Probably better to go to Cass if you have issues," James said with a smile. 

"James would gladly talk to you about any problems you are having," Cassiopeia added, "Now, you can all go. Enjoy this year at Hogwarts."

Remus smiled to himself as the two bickered while Evans eyed the two curiously having never witnessed them act in such a way towards each other. She never would have guessed the reason James left her alone was that Cassiopeia had become the new target of his affections. 

When the two were finally alone, James positioned himself opposite her, "Looks as though we are going to be spending a lot more time together."

"Lucky me," Cassiopeia replied sarcastically.

"Our rooms are next to each other," James winked at her causing her to roll her eyes, "Definitely lucky you."

"Try not to be too loud if you have any guests over," Cassiopeia replied. 

James stared at her, "What do you mean?"

"If you invite my lovely cousin and the rest of your friends over, try to keep the noise down. I don't want to listen to you guys making pranks."

He cleared his throat as he nodded his head, "Of course, yeah."

"What did you think I meant?"

"Nothing, Cass, nothing," James looked out of the window, "Just know I won't be having any female guests."

Cassiopeia held back a laugh, "Good to know," He glanced over at her having suddenly gone a bright red colour, "Don't worry, James, I won't be having any male guests either."