Chapter 6 - a new start

Antoinette whipped out the money due and paid the carriage master. She turned and went straight to the school's reception desk to register. School itself didn't start until a month passed and so she had to find an inn to stay in for the remainder of the holiday due.

—————

"Hello dear! Welcome to the Royal Academy of Kou!"

"Hello Miss."

"I assume you're here to register then, darling- a first year I presume? Right I am! Well then, could you just hand me your sign up token, dear?"

She took out the blue token the Duke had given her and handed it to the receptionist with a small smile. The receptionist took the token and held her hand out to it, an invisible force scanning it. Antoinette watched as the token shone a bright blue. In this world, there was no magic such as fire powers or water manipulation, but they had things such as mana and mana powered items. For this world that had no electricity, mana was the substitution. There were items such as stoves and hairdryers that ran on mana- an invisible force that all being held.

"Perfect darling, I'll just need to register your name, age, a couple other details and on the first day you'll take your ID photos in uniform!"

Antoinette opened her mouth to give her name, before pausing.

"Anastasia d'Astello,"

she said.

'That would be my new name. Anastasia meaning resurrection, a reminder of my previous life and escaping my perilous fate... and Astelio, my late mother's last name before marriage.'

From her knowledge, the citizens of Kou's last names always started with a d' like the Kou capture target did.

"11 years of age."

She continued to give her information and watched as a beautiful, jewel-like, purple ID formed. In this world, IDs were made of mana stone, allowing information to be changed as the mana stone user changed. The IDs held a rich purple colour, with gold designs around the border. The receptionist handed Antoinette her ID, and peeked at her luggage.

"Ah, you have luggage. If you could just leave a label of your name on all of your luggage and put it on the rack over there, it'll all be taken up to your dorm room and it'll be there for the first day."

Antoinette did so, before bowing, saying her thanks and making her exit.

She made her way to the closest inn to the academy and booked a room. After entering her room and checking it out, she dropped her jacket off before leaving, making the decision to wander the streets and get a feel of the atmosphere in Kou. Antoinette wandered about different stalls, trying many different foods and looking at different products. When it had started becoming dark, she decided to pop by a restaurant and grab some dinner, perhaps asking if they had any vacancies for her to work full time at the moment and on the weekends once school started. As she turned a corner on the way to the restaurant, she bumped into something and fell over. A sharp pain seared through her leg, as she stood up, wobbling. Across from her were a boy and girl, both acting similarly to her. By their clear , unblemished skins, Antoinette immediately assumed them to be noble children. The girl immediately bowed,

"I am so sorry! We weren't paying attention to where we were going!"

The boy with the coral-coloured hair did the same, frantically grabbing Anastasia's hand and checking it over. Anastasia laughed- they were cute. She smiled and said,

"It's fine, don't worry about it, it's just a scratch."

As she said that, two more boys showed up behind the first boy and girl. They looked at Anastasia and the other two before summarising the events. The girl immediately piped up, frowning slightly and with something to say to Anastasia's words.

"Nope, no way. I'd really like to show my apologies so, if you don't mind, can I treat you to dinner?"

Anastasia looked up at her, looking to decline but at the sight of the girl's beautiful cotton candy-coloured eyes and her lips in a slight pout, she found herself saying yes in a trance.

Now inside the restaurant, they straight away fell into a conversation about the prices of the restaurant, which were fairly expensive. While eating their food, weirdly enough, they were all joking around with each other like old friends. After all, wasn't it weird to get so close so quickly? The nobles in this world were raised to formalities- weren't they? Just as they finished their meals, Anastasia looked to stand up, saying that she wanted to get settled in at her room in the inn. It was at that moment that one of the boys, with maroon coloured hair and gorgeous teal eyes, grabbed her wrist. All of a sudden Anastasia felt confusion- she looked at him, showing her confusion straight. The boy opened his mouth, before closing it again. He turned to look at his other 3 companions, before taking a deep breath in and turning to Anastasia once more, opening his mouth. This time, he spoke words. Words that Anastasia thought she never would have heard in this lifetime.

"Were you a Korean person too?"

———————————————————————

Ah! A shock! Is she finding allies~~? You might have guessed, but if the text is in italics then they are speaking in Korean! Also I chose her name pronouncing 'Astelio' and 'As-tee-lo'.